Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Happy Thursday. Jonathan here to fill in while Tristan is afk to tackle some bts stuff. Did I use those correctly?!?!
👉 We'd like to again thank our sponsor OnePlus! Today is the last day to take advantage of their awesome deals on Buds and a new phone!
Get $20 off with code BUDSPRO20 when you purchase the newest OnePlus Buds Pro, limited time only!
Save up to $219.99 with the OnePlus 9 Pro and the new OnePlus Buds Pro.
It’s always a bad day when we learn of a vulnerability in our favorite operating system. This time around, it’s a Trojan called Grifthorse that’s floating around to steal your money.
- Grifthorse presents itself as a prize, then asks you for your phone number.
- Upon providing your phone number, you are automatically subscribed to SMS based recurring payments.
How to spot the problem:
- This Trojan has been found in dozens of apps, and will present itself differently for each, but the general thing to look for is an unexpected prize or gift from an app that doesn’t usually give you gifts or prizes.
- Below is a sample of just one implementation.
What do I do now?
- Are you still reading this? You should have already clicked that link above that takes you to our full list of all affected apps, then uninstalled them!
- Check your phone bill. If you see a weird subscription plan that you do not recognize, contact your provider to see if they can help.
- Need a new app to do that thing? We’ve got hundreds of app lists designed to help you find the best of the best for many different uses.
- Last thought, when it comes to the internet, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Please, practice safe hex.
😎 It will not help your vision, but Google is pretty excited to be adding Google Lens to the Chrome browser. (Android Authority)
❎ You told us: Most of you like Samsung’s new UI, based off of the One UI 4.0 beta release. (Android Authority)
🎧 Sony’s latest headsets should appeal to mid-tier shoppers seeking premium features. (Android Authority)
🌐 The United States and the EU are in talks (Bloomberg) to promote better trade, and unify technology on a global basis. This is partly to help secure sensitive technologies, to adopt standards, and to help fix the ongoing semiconductor shortages. (Android Authority)
🙏 We hope you are as excited about foldable phones as we are, and it turns out that Google might actually be on board as well. (Tom’s Guide)
🎮 Google’s Stadia isn’t dead! It just received party chat. (9to5 Google)
🎞 Facebook Reels are rolling out, with a significant barrier to entry. (CNET)
🎦 Google Meet is getting animated backgrounds for meetings on Android. (Android Community)
🏀 Game on! NBA 2K Mobile Season 4 is rolling out to Android. Get the update for new features and some rewards. (Phone Arena)
It’s not often enough that we make our own posts that are just for fun, but we’re excited to be launching our new Wallpaper Wednesday series. Yesterday kicked it off, where we shared a few great wallpapers collected from our team, and from readers like you!
Check it out, and consider submitting your own Wallpaper Wednesday submission.
This one is my favorite:
Some fun facts:
- Did you know: Samsung is almost 40 years older than Apple.
- Apparently, about 40% of new American couples met online.
- The Space Shuttle program has flown over 113 flights since 1981.
Tristan is back tomorrow, thanks for sticking with me,