Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Updated Motorola email app appears on Google Play
Motorola’s stock email app has appeared over at the Google Play store, along with a selection of improvements, bug fixes and little feature tweaks to improve the app’s functionality.
However, before we get too excited, the app isn’t compatible with non-Motorola handsets, at least not yet. In fact, it doesn’t appear to work with all Moto phones either and you will need to be updated to Android 5.0 or later. But there is a point to all this. Moving its app over to the Google Play should allow for more frequent updates, rather than tying improvements to the app with other, larger system wide updates.
[related_videos title=”Latest Moto products:” align=”right” type=”custom” videos=”648705,647082,646098,631994″]Here’s a list of all the changes included in this latest app version:
- Disable sync while roaming
- Progressive search capability for emails
- Attach pictures from Camera in composer
- Notifications for attachment download failures/cancellations
- New option “Select All” for email operations
- Customise peak time sync schedule
- New option to choose number of emails to sync for POP account
- New safe way of communicating with Google Gmail server using OAuth 2.0
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
This isn’t the first app from Motorola to make its way to Google Play. The company also has its Camera, Gallery, FM Radio, and Active Display applications, to name just a few, up on the store. I have to wonder if Motorola may eventually take inspiration from HTCand Samsung, and open up at least some of its apps to the wider world of Android phones.
Once the email app has been updated the old way one last time, Motorola customers should be able to check out Google Play for all the latest updates. I’ll leave the link below.