Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Misfit's Flash and Shine Fitness Monitors are about to get much smarter
Misfit, the popular wearable manufacturer, will soon allow users to control many more smart devices than they ever have before. The company has just announced that the Misfit Flash and Shine Fitness Monitors will be able to work with a bevy of applications and smart devices, including Spotify, Nest, IFTTT, Logitech Harmony home systems and many more.
Here is the entire list of integrations Misfit is adding to their product lineup:
- Users will be able to start and stop their Spotify playlist with Flash.
- Misfit is working with Nest on an integration enabling customers to connect Misfit’s sleep tracking functionality and smart alarm with the Nest Learning Thermostat to wake up to their ideal temperature.
- Soon you can use your Misfit Flash on IFTTT and connect it to over 160 products and services you use everyday. Misfit Flash will bring new Triggers to the Misfit Channel, including a double press. Turn on and off devices, fire off quick messages, and send fitness information to an archive on the go.
- Flash will also have the power to control your smart home ecosystem thanks to Logitech Harmony. Leveraging Harmony’s new API, Flash wearers will have access to some of Harmony’s most powerful features including one-touch activities like “Watch a Movie,” “Play Games,” and “Listen to Music.”
- Yo’s messaging services will allow you to stay connected with friends and family with a simple double press on your Flash.
- Misfit Flash will allow August Smart Lock users to unlock their doors without a smartphone.
- Latch opens doors for the right people. Latch is a stealth startup that will be launching products in 2015, partnering with Misfit to make home security more convenient.
- The Leeo Smart Alert Nightlight will allow you to cycle through a set of light colors or turn your nightlight on and off using the Misfit Flash.
- Bitfinder gives you the air quality of your room on demand using the Flash button control.
The integrations that stick out the most are controlling your Nest thermostat with your wearable, as well as using IFTTT to carry out just about any action you’d like. There are a few that might come in handy like controlling your Spotify playlists and sending a simple “Yo” to a friend, but there are a ton of others on the list that could be a big convenience. The integrations will begin to arrive come March 2015.