Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Video: Biting a smartphone battery won't extend its life, but it could shorten yours
CCTV footage of a man biting a smartphone battery has made its way online and the consequences are frightening.
The video, which was uploaded to social media site Miaopai (via The Verge), takes place in a Chinese electronics store and shows the man with the battery in his mouth moments before it explodes.
Reportedly, the man was visiting the store seeking a replacement iPhone battery and wanted to test if the one available was authentic. Despite this occurring very close to his and another person’s face, nobody was said to have been harmed in the incident.
In case you aren’t already aware, you should never bite on a smartphone battery to see if it’s legit. Not just because it’s dangerous but because it wouldn’t prove anything. Any lithium-ion battery, official or not, could explode if it’s punctured. Other products you shouldn’t bite include Gossip Girl DVDs and the Google Chromecast.