Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
The LG Stylo 4 is a Galaxy Note at a quarter of the price
- The LG Stylo 4 is a lot like a Samsung Galaxy Note device, just a whole lot cheaper.
- It’s got a big screen, a pop-out stylus, Android 8.1 Oreo, and a USB Type-C port.
- The LG Stylo 4 lists for $230, and it’s available now at Metro PCS for $60 off.
If you want a humongous smartphone with room for a pop-out stylus, you probably already own a Samsung Galaxy Note device. But if you balked at the premium price tag of a Note smartphone, perhaps you should check out the very Note-like LG Stylo 4.
The LG Stylo 4 continues along the same lines as last year’s LG Stylo 3, which is mainly taking all the premium features of Samsung’s Note line and trying to make them much more affordable.
Aside from the aforementioned pop-out stylus, the LG Stylo 4 features a similarly sized 6.2-inch display at a 2,160 x 1,080 resolution in an 18:9 ratio. The bezels are a bit bigger on the Stylo 4 and there’s no Edge display, but cuts had to be made to keep the phone affordable.
Inside, you’ll find a Snapdragon 450, 3GB of RAM (on the Cricket model, the MetroPCS model has 2GB), and 32GB of internal storage. There’s a 3,300mAh battery, and it ships with Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box.
On the outside, you’ll find a rear fingerprint scanner, a 13MP rear camera, and a 5MP selfie-shooter on the front. You’ll also find a headphone jack (nice), a microSD slot, and a USB Type-C port.
There are also some nifty tricks the phone can do in relation to the stylus:
- Pen Pop– helps you quickly launch note-taking and screen-writing apps when you pull out the stylus.
- Screen-off Memo– lets you instantly jot down brilliant ideas, no need to turn on the screen!
- Pen Keeper– a pop-up message lets you know when you haven’t stored the stylus back away.
- GIF Capture– allows you to capture and create GIF files from video.
- Pop Lens– when reading, use the stylus to magnify text.