Welcome to the LG G6 Android update tracker page. This page covers all major U.S. carriers with a quick reference table for each and a log with links to further details. It will be regularly updated with the latest LG G6 update information, but it won’t include general security patches on their own.
We recommend you bookmark this page so you can stay up to date with the very latest updates.
LG G6 Android Oreo update
Update (06/06/18): AT&T is the latest carrier to push Android 8.0 Oreo goodness to LG G6 owners. The network is also including the April 2018 security update, bringing the total update size to around 1.8GB, a redditor notes.
LG G6 update US
|LG G6 update - US||Android 7.0||Android 7.1.1||Android 8.0|
AT&T LG G6 update (H871):
- June 6, 2018: AT&T delivers the Android 8.0 Oreo update to the G6 and the April 2018 security level.
- April 27, 2017: AT&T rolls out performance enhancements and messaging app fixes.
Verizon LG G6 update (VS998):
- May 21, 2018: Verizon is the first carrier to push Android 8.0 Oreo to its variant of the LG G6.
- April 17, 2017: Verizon adds new software instructions for protecting the G6 charge port and SIM Card tray, as well as latest security updates.
T-Mobile LG G6 update (H872):
- April 6, 2017: T-Mobile rolls out various bug fixes, including a problem with the E911 timer.
Sprint LG G6 update (LS993):
- May 30, 2018: Sprint delivers the Android 8.0 Oreo update to the G6, including the May 2018 security update.
- July 3, 2017: Sprint delivers improvements to Wi-Fi calling and the latest security patches to the LG G6.
- April 24, 2017: Sprint fixes an issue that could cause devices to say they’re corrupted (when they aren’t).
Unlocked LG G6 update (US997):
- June 6, 2018: Android 8.0 Oreo finally starts rolling out to the unlocked U.S. variant of the LG G6.
International LG G6 update (H870/H873/H870DS):
- June 29, 2017: LG G6 gets bootloader unlocking in Europe.
- April 4, 2017: LG rolls out a battery update ahead of the LG G6 launch in Canada.
If you’ve received an update we’ve missed, hit the comments below or Tip Us!