In a press event in New Delhi, Lenovo announced the launch of its next smartphone in the K series, the Lenovo K8 Note. The K8 Note is company’s first smartphone with a dual camera setup.
Positioned as a multimedia device with Dolby Atmos and TheaterMax baked in, the K8 Note packs in a dedicated Music key to control music seamlessly. The K8 Note comes with an advanced water repellent coating that protects it from accidental spills or splashes.
It is available in two memory variants – one with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage and the other with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage.
We know that millennials expect nothing but the latest from their phones, which is why the K8 Note comes packed with everything that our consumers would expect from a smartphone today – an eye-catching design, dual cameras, 10-core processor, great sound, and of course, the TheaterMax technology that is the hallmark of the Note series. It is also the reason why we have brought pure Android to the Note series, ensuring that the user gets total control over the device and their experience.
– Sudhin Mathur, Country Head, Lenovo – Mobile Business Group, India
With Lenovo K8 Note, the company is ditching its Android customization – Vibe Pure UI. The K8 Note comes with stock Android, and so will all forthcoming Lenovo smartphones.
Lenovo K8 Note Specifications
- Operating System: Android Nougat 7.1.1
- Display: 5.5-inch (13.79 cm) Full HD (1080 x 1920) with 2.5D curved glass | 450 nits brightness | Corning Gorilla Glass
- Processor: MediaTek Helio X23 (MT6797) 10-Core platform, up to 2.3Ghz, 64 Bit | Mali-T880 GPU
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- Storage: 32/64 GB; expandable with a microSD card
- Rear Camera: 13 MP + 5 MP dual camera with Dual Flash
- Front Camera: 13 MP with selfie light | f/2.0 aperture | 5 element lens
- Battery: 4,000 mAh | 15W fast charging
- Dimensions: 154.5 x 75.9 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 180g
Priced at INR 12,999 ($204) for the 3 GB + 32 GB variant and INR 13,999 ($220) for the 4 GB + 64 GB variant, the Lenovo K8 Note will be available exclusively on Amazon.in in two color variants – Venom Black and Fine Gold. The first sale starts on August 18 at 12 noon.
What are your thoughts on the K8 Note? On paper, it’s a pretty good mid-range smartphone with dual camera setup. Would you want to pick one up? Tell us in the comments!