Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Google posts July's Android security patch for Pixel, Nexus devices
Right on time, Google has posted July’s Android security patch for Pixel and Nexus devices. Factory images and OTA files are already available for download from Google’s website, otherwise more patient users can wait for the over-the-air update to hit their devices over the next couple days.
With this month’s security update, we’re seeing new Android 7.1.2 files for the Pixel, Pixel XL, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Pixel C, and Nexus Player. New 7.1.1 files are available for the Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi and LTE).
Note that there are multiple builds for both the Pixel and Pixel XL, so be sure you’re downloading the file built specifically for your carrier. For unlocked, carrier-free Pixel and Pixel XL devices, you’ll want to download the NJH47D build.
- Google Pixel – NJH47D (factory image, OTA)
- Google Pixel XL – NJH47D (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 6P – N2G48B (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 5X – N2G47Z (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 6 – N6F27H (factory image, OTA)
- Pixel C – N2G48B (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi) – N9F27F (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 9 (LTE) – N4F27I (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus Player – N2G48B (factory image, OTA)
If you’re new to sideloading factory images and need instructions on how to do so, head to our guide right here. Just be careful! If you’re not comfortable sideloading new builds quite yet, you might be better off waiting until the OTA reaches your device in the coming days.
Google has also published a new Android Security Bulletin for July 2017, which you can find here.