Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Finally, syncing Huawei Health and Strava is no longer a workout
- Huawei has finally expanded its native Strava integration.
- There’s no need for an elaborate workaround — it should already be in your Huawei Health app.
- No, unfortunately, it still doesn’t work for US-based Huawei accounts.
Our Huawei wearable reviews have had a few things in common over the years — impressive hardware, solid battery life, and the massive headache involved in exporting your data. Sending an activity from Huawei Health to Strava used to involve more steps than your average StairMaster and required a little bit of outside help from the HealthSync app. Well, those days are no longer. You can finally send workouts from Huawei Health to Strava without any extra hoops to jump through.
We stopped by the Huawei booth at IFA 2022 to check out the company’s new hardware offerings and got a quick demo of the new integration. Linking the two services previously required you to reset your app, create a new Huawei account, and set your location to Singapore, among other steps. Now, you can tackle the whole process inside of Huawei Health.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Huawei Health app and log in.
- Head to the Me tab and locate Privacy management.
- Tap on Data sharing and authorization.
- Choose Strava from the list of shared services.
- Follow the login steps to link your accounts.
That’s all there is to it. Unfortunately, the process still doesn’t work with US-based Huawei accounts, but we’ll happily take the newer, simpler process. It also bears repeating that you’ll need the updated version of Huawei Health that’s available in the App Gallery, not the version in the Google Play Store.
You can also link your Huawei Health account with Adidas Running and Komoot by following the same steps.
Why this matters: How you used to have to link Strava and Huawei Health
If you want to learn more about what Huawei brought to IFA 2022 and check out launches from other companies, check out all of our content right here.