Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
HTC One A9 availability - what we know so far
[ooyala code=”45dnFheDofD8P_xZxLSIeQ2nIs6yka5Q” player_id=”7f2b2d0412e84a188ede8d648751dc42″ width=”1920″ height=”1080″ auto=”true”]
HTC has just announced its newest addition to the One line, the One A9. Featuring an all-metal design, a new Snapdragon 617 processor, a 13MP rear camera and Android 6.0 Marshmallow, this is certainly an interesting device. Wondering where and when you can get your hands on one? We’ve got you covered. Here are a list of carriers and retailers who have announced plans to carry the device.
United States availability
- AT&T – While details are pretty scarce at the moment, AT&T has just announced its plans to carry the device both online and in-store. Pricing, availability and additional details will be shared at a later date.
- Sprint – Sprint has revealed that the One A9 will be available on Friday, November 6th. You can pre-order the phone from Sprint for $199 with a two-year agreement or for $696 without a contract. Through January 7th, qualifying customers can pay $20 per month for a 24-month lease on the device. Also for a limited time customers activating a new One A9 will receive two monthly service credits for $20 each following the device’s activation.
- Don’t buy this phone outright from Sprint. You can purchase it unlocked from HTC.com for just $399.99 and save yourself almost $300.
- T-Mobile – While T-Mobile hasn’t officially revealed its plans to carry the One A9, the carrier is listed on HTC’s website as an available carrier if you’re looking to pre-order the phone.
Unfortunately folks in the U.K. will have to pay a bit more for the device than residents in the United States. The unlocked One A9 will cost £429.99 from HTC.com, which translates to around a whopping $664 USD. And that’s not all! Not only do folks in the U.S. get to pay a much cheaper price for the model with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage, the device shipping to the U.K. is the lower-end variant with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of on-board storage. Ugh.
As for the carriers, only O2 has revealed its plans to carry the One A9, though availability details are scarce at the moment.
- HTC.com – Canadians can now pre-order the unlocked One A9 from HTC.com for $549.00 CAD. The device will be available in Opal Silver, Carbon Grey and Deep Garnet color options, with devices shipping out on November 6th.
HTC will be launching the device through Canadian carriers as well, though we have yet to hear any specifics.
- HTC.com – If you happen to live in the U.S., you can already pre-order the unlocked One A9 from HTC.com for $399.99. The unlocked device comes in Opal Silver and Carbon Grey color options with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of on-board storage. The Deep Garnet color option is coming in a few weeks.
- Right now there are two different SKUs to choose from – one that’s specifically for Sprint, and another that works with T-Mobile and AT&T. The model that works with T-Mo and AT&T will get a software update that will allow use of the phone on Verizon’s network using LTE only with a previously activated SIM, giving support for full voice, data, SMS, and MMS.
Know any others?
Those are all the regions and carriers we know so far, but we’ll keep updating as we learn more. Did we miss something? Make sure to let us know in the comments. Oh, and if you’d like to learn more about the new smartphone, feel free to check out our previous coverage that we’ve linked below.