Disney Plus is one of the hottest streaming services right now, ever since it launched in late 2019. It’s a great place to check out Disney classics, new shows, and even exclusive content. Want to know how to sign up for Disney Plus? It’s actually really easy. First, be aware there is currently a 30-day free trial. Once that’s done, you’ll pay either $6.99 a month, or $69.99 for an annual subscription.
Before you sign up, first you’ll want to make sure you have a compatible device. Thankfully, Disney Plus is available on a wide variety of platforms devices. Here’s a list of all currently supported devices and platforms.
- iOS: including the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices
- Apple TV set-top boxes: including integration with the new Apple TV app. It will allow customers to sign up for the service inside the app.
- Android, including Android-based phones and tablets
- Android TV-based devices, including the Nvidia Shield.
- Google Chromecast and devices that have Chromecast built-in
- Microsoft Xbox One
- Sony Playstation
Once you know you have a compatible device, signing up is easy. First, let’s start with how to sign up for Disney Plus from the website, which is the preferred method.
- Go to the Disney Plus web site on your browser. You will see two subscription choices. One is for $6.99 a month, while the other is for $69.99 for an annual subscription. Both offer users a seven-day free trial. Even if you sign up now, November 12, your credit or debit card won’t be charged until November 19. Of course, you can cancel your subscription before that trial period ends and not pay anything.
- Next, you type in your personal password for your account. It must be at least six characters long. It must also have at least one number and one special character. Once you have typed that in, tap on “Continue”.
- Now it’s time to put in your payment information. You can either put in your credit/debit card info, or you can use a PayPay account. There’s also the option to enable a checkbox so that the payment info can be used across all of the Disney properties. Once you have filled out the payment info, tap on the “Agree & Continue” box for the next phase of the Disney Plus sign up process.
- That’s it. You are done with the Disney Plus sign up procedure.
You can also sign up directly from a compatible device outside of the browser. The steps are essentially the same, regardless of the device:
- Open up the Disney Plus app on your device.
- Select start free trial.
- Enter you email and select continue.
- You’ll now need to enter a secure password that is at least six characters and includes a number or special character. Select continue.
- At this time you can pick between paying $6.99 a month, or $69.99 annually. You’ll then enter your payment information.
- Select agree & subscribe. That’s it.
What if I want the Disney Plus bundle that includes ESPN and Hulu?
You’ll sign up for this a bit differently. If you have not yet signed up for the standard Disney Plus bundle deal, here’s how to add the Hulu and ESPN:
- First, go to the Hulu.com website and click on the “Start the free trial” button.
- Select between “no ads”, ads, or Hulu + Live TV options.
- You should see a pop up asking if you want to get Hulu alongside Disney Plus and ESPN Plus for just $7 more. Click or tap on “Let’s Bundle”.
- Complete your account information as normal, and you should be all set to get all three services.
For more details, you’ll want to head here.