If you don’t know how to share a Google calendar, you’ve come to the right place. The process is so simple even your grandma could do it. All it takes is a few clicks and a couple minutes of your time.
There are many reasons why people want to share their Google calendars. Here at Android Authority, for example, we all use the same calendar to check upcoming events, see who is on vacation, and so on. Some families use the same method, sharing one calendar to see all doctor appointments, trips, gatherings, and other events in one place.
See also: The best calendar apps for Android
So you want to know how to share a Google calendar? You’ll find everything you need to know below.
How to Share a Google calendar
First things first: you can only share your Google calendar from a computer (or web browser in desktop mode) — the Android app still doesn’t support this feature. It’s a bit of an oversight and something that hopefully eventually changes, but for now, there’s no real way around this.
To get started, visit the Google Calendar website at the link and locate the My calendars section on the left side of the interface. Hover the mouse over the calendar you want to share, click the options icon (three vertical dots), and select Settings and sharing.
From there, you can choose between two different sharing options. The first is allowing anyone with a link to see your calendar. This likely isn’t the best option for most people, as the calendar can also pop up when people Google your name. If that doesn’t scare you off, you can enable this by checking the Make available to public box. Then select Get shareable link, copy it, and send it to whoever you’d like.
The second option is the one that makes the most sense to the majority of users: it lets you share your calendar with specific people. Click on Add people under the Share with specific people section, write in email addresses of the people you want to share your calendar with, and define their permissions (see only, edit…).
After that’s done, hit the send button to ship out emails to the people you’ve selected. Google will then automatically add your calendar to their accounts, which they’ll be able to access from the Other calendars section.
- Visit calendar.google.com.
- Locate the My calendars section on the left side of the interface and hover the mouse over the calendar you want to share.
- Click the options icon (three vertical dots), followed by Settings and sharing.
- Choose between two different sharing options: check the Make available to public box to share the calendar with everyone who has a link, or click on Add people to share it with only those you choose.
- If you choose the Add people option, type in the email addresses of the people you want to share your calendar with, define their permissions, and hit Send.
- You can always make your calendar private again by unsharing it. To do so, delete the email addresses under the Share with specific people or uncheck the Make available to public box.
Read next: How to use Google Drive