Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to Root Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus 3G P6200
Android tablets are competing in terms of their sleek designs and software innovations, but sometimes software updates just take forever to arrive. In this case, we turn to a last resort of some sort–to get our devices rooted.
Do you have a Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus 3G P6200 and do you want to root it? In this article, you will learn how to root the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus 3G P6200.
There are a few simple instructions that you have to follow to successfully root your device, but before dealing with the actual rooting process, take note of the important requirements. For you to be able to root your Galaxy Tab, you need to have the rooting files, the latest version of Samsung Kies, and an external SD card installed on your tablet (at least 1 GB).
Steps for Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
If you already have all the requirements for rooting your Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus 3G P6200, you can now move on to the rooting instructions. Below are the rooting instructions. Remember to follow them carefully. If you are not sure about this, don’t do it or you might brick your device in the process. Also, remember that we do not guarantee that these instructions will work for you. Proceed at your own risk.
Here’s how to root your Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus:
- Install the latest version of Samsung Kies. Get it from here.
- Download the rooting file to your PC. Get the ZIP file from here:
- Connect your tablet to your PC. Copy the ZIP file to your tablet’s external SD card.
- Power off your tablet.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode by holding the Volume Up button along with the Power button. As soon as you see the Samsung logo on your screen, let go of the Power button but keep the Volume Up button pressed.
- Once your tablet has booted in recovery mode, select the option to install update from external storage.
- Locate the root.zip file in your external storage. Select the file by pressing the Power button.
- The rooting process will begin. When it finishes, reboot your device.
- Go to the Android Market and search for the SuperUser app. Install the app and update the SU binary.
- Install the BusyBox app from the Android Market.
Your Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus 3G P6200 is now rooted. You can now tweak and further customize your tablet by installing custom ROMs.