Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to change your Spotify payment method
When paying for any subscription service, not just Spotify Premium, you always need to read the fine print. The length of your subscription period and how you intend to pay for it are two of the most important considerations that go into starting a subscription. Knowing how to change your Spotify payment method is part of properly managing your subscription. Even though the cost of Spotify Premium is pretty small compared to other monthly services, you can still benefit from knowing how to change payment methods whenever you need to.
THE SHORT ANSWER
To change your payment method on Spotify, log into your account on the Spotify website. Go to your Account Overview > Your Plan > Payment (under Spotify Premium). Click Update, then enter the credentials for your new payment method.
How to change your payment method on Spotify (Android, iOS, desktop)
Changing your payment method is simple, as long as you have an internet connection and an open browser. To do so:
- Open a browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Go to your Spotify account page.
- On the tab marked Account overview, scroll down until you see Your Plan.
- Under Your Plan, you will see your current payment method show up under Payment. You will also see a button underneath it that says Update. Select this.
- Select your new payment method. Spotify currently accepts credit card, debit card, and PayPal.
- Follow all prompts and finish filling out your payment information.
- To save your changes, click Change Payment Method.
Not if you are currently subscribed to Spotify Premium. The easiest way to do this would be to cancel your plan. After your next billing date, your plan will switch to Spotify Free. Once this happens, wait until the day of the month that you would like to be charged, and then resubscribe.
Yes! You can use your credit card, debit card, or Paypal to pay for Spotify Premium.
If you are already subscribed to Spotify Premium, then no. However, if you wish to cancel your current subscription, you can use your iTunes gift card to add money to your Apple account. After that, you can use that balance to start subscribing to Spotify, which will then take money out of that account.
You have to log into your Spotify account on the website. There is no way to do it from within the app. You can, however, follow all of the above steps within a mobile browser on your phone.