Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Google TV is making it easier to find the type of content you want to watch
- Google has pushed out a new update to Google TV.
- The update adds four new pages for family, Español, movie, and show content.
- Google TV is also making a few navigational improvements.
With all the entertainment options available to you from your favorite streaming apps, sometimes it can be difficult to find the programs you want to watch. However, Google TV appears to have a plan to help you find the content you’re looking for.
Google has announced that it is globally launching a new update to Google TV today. The update will bring four new content pages to the app, as well as make a few helpful navigation adjustments. These changes are aimed at making it easier for users to find content by categorizing options and centralizing content from across different apps.
The new content pages — which can be found below the apps row on the For You tab — include categories for family, Español, movies, and shows.
- Family: The family page will include everything from classics to new releases with a PG or lower rating.
- Español: This page will be the new home where users can find Spanish-language entertainment. It will contain movies, shows, live TV, and a library of subbed and dubbed content. Users can also access apps like Pantaya and FlixLatino from this page.
- Movies: This used to be a tab, but Google has turned it into its own page. As you can guess, this page will hold movies that you’ll be able to search for via genre, title, or topic.
- Shows: Google has also turned the shows tab into a page. Just like the movies page, the shows page puts thousands of shows from all of your subscriptions in one place.
Moving on to the navigational improvements, Google says that it has relocated the profile switcher and search bar. The profile switcher can now be found in the top left corner. Search will be opposite the profile switcher, located in the far right of the app. The company has also added a new quick settings button next to the search bar.
Google says these updates will appear on Chromecast with Google TV and other Google TV devices, which include those from Hisense, Philips, Sony, and TCL.