Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
You told us: Here's how much you'd pay for Google's Pixel Pass
We already know plenty about the Google Pixel 6 series, but a recent tip, in particular, piqued our interest. The leak suggested that Google may offer the Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro alongside a suite of its services and an extended warranty in a subscription format. This is Google’s so-called Pixel Pass service.
With that in mind, we asked our readers how much they’d be willing to pay monthly for a Pixel Pass subscription, including a Pixel 6. Here’s what you told us.
How much would you spend on a Pixel Pass subscription for a Pixel 6?
This poll saw a whopping ~12,300 responses since it went live on October 11. We gave readers five options ranging from under $30 per month to over $60 per month. Understandably, users don’t want to pay any more than they’d have to, even for a feature-rich subscription.
Nearly 60% of respondents would pay “less than $30 a month” for a Pixel Pass. Notably, this would include a Pixel 6, Google One, Play Pass, YouTube Premium or YouTube Music, and Google Fi connectivity. Granted, Stadia isn’t included, but that’s still a substantial number of offerings (and a phone) for under $30.
Popularity for each option decreases as the pricing increases. So the $30-$39.99 a month option is the second most popular choice with 19.4% of the vote. Just 4.5% of respondents would pay “more than $60 a month” for the service.
- Ryan Grimes: What planet are y’all from? Wireless service, Google one, YouTube premium, YT music, play pass, AND a Pixel 6 for less than $30 a month? Wtf. No more than $10-$15? I pay $26 a month to Verizon just for my Pixel 4xl alone! I’m sure there are tiers to the plan adding and removing services you want and don’t however, if you need Google Fi and a Pixel 6 alone is going to cost you close to $100 a month plus probably another $5-$10 a month for each added service. I’d sign up for much more than $60 a month 🤦 let’s get real.
- Steve: This sounds so great! But can I make a substitution for anything? I’m not really interested in Google One, Play Pass, YouTube Premium or YouTube Music, or a pixel phone.
- Sixie: Google wants to spread the Pixel phones to as many users as possible. Yet they limit their market to specific countries… Not exactly the smartest thing to do, especially in the EU. They should just allow other EU countries to order on say the Google Store Germany and shipped anywhere in the EU. Google wants to compete… Yet they ain’t moving like they want to compete.
- Xenofastiq: From my understanding, it would include Fi service AND the Pixel 6 device as well right? Be sure if so, I simply cannot see it costing anywhere near only just $10-15. This will have to be quite a pricey subscription for those services AND the device.
- Dogeanimupower: Say you keep your phone for 2 years. Look at the price of the phone, divide by 24. That’s how much I would pay for this, maybe add in another $5 for the services.
That’s it for this Pixel Pass poll. Thanks for your votes and comments. If you have any additional thoughts, be sure to drop them below.