Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: Here's what you'd pay for the Pixel 6 Pro
Google dished out more details regarding its Pixel 6 series last week, confirming both a standard Pixel 6 and the Pixel 6 Pro. Both devices are set to offer new camera sensors and the in-house Tensor chipset.
The Pro model is expected to be the most feature-packed Pixel we’ve seen in quite some time, primarily due to the long-overdue inclusion of a versatile triple camera system (featuring a 4X camera too). Google’s Rick Osterloh said the device will be “expensive” though. But how much would you be willing to pay? Here’s what you told us.
How much would you pay for the Google Pixel 6 Pro?
We posed this question on August 3, with over 2,200 votes counted in this poll. The single most popular price window people were willing to pay is $900 to $999, representing 26.1% of the vote. This was closely followed by the $800 to $899 price bracket at 24.7%. In third place was the $699 to $799 segment, with 23.1% of respondents said they’d buy the Pixel 6 Pro if it were in this price range.
Just over 19% of voters said they’d pay between $1,000 and $1,199 for the Pixel 6 Pro. The least popular option was the $1,200+ bracket though, as only 6.2% of polled readers say they’d spend that much on Google’s Pro device.
Over half of all respondents are willing to spend $900+ on the phone when we combine the $900 to $999, $1,000 to $1,199, and $1,200+ segments. Meanwhile, just under 48% of respondents are willing to spend $899 or less when we combine the $800 to $899 and $699 to $799 segments.
Either way, it’s worth noting that phones with high-end chipsets, water resistance, wireless charging, and periscope cameras don’t tend to be affordable flagships. The Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, for example, comes in at €1,200 (~$1,408) in Europe and Rs 70,000 (~$941) in India. Meanwhile, the S21 Ultra retails for $1,199.
- Nick V: If Google was smart, they would undercut Apple and Samsung in the flagship arena to start.
- EeZeEpEe: I’m going to wishfully guess 6 Pro with base storage is $999. Whatever the price is going to be, that’s what 0% financing is for. Am I right? lol Now would be nice is a good trade-in program for previous Pixel owners. Unfortunately, they really don’t give much value back.
- If they ask for more than 1k that’s all I need to know about ever wanting to get a new Pixel. Asking more and offering less. If I’m on Android it’s one of Sammy’s flagships. They pack in more than you want or need but at least they give you more for your money compared to so many out there.
- Stanley Kubrick: Even though I voted for the lowest amount…in reality I will not buy the 6. I am waiting on the 5A to see if I might buy that one.
- Google’s phones have been excellent value propositions with good bang-for-buck. Sure they had compromises as the price point would suggest, but you still get a lot. They’ve been steadily attempting to move their phones upscale, and the price reflects it. Shame the rest of the phone doesn’t.
Thanks for voting in our poll and for leaving comments. How much do you think the Pixel 6 Pro will actually cost though? Let us know below.