Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Tune in for the Nexus launch event live stream and live blog from 12PM ET/9AM PT
Can you feel it in the air? It’s the smell of fresh Nexus(es) and delicious Androidy desserts, our favorite aromas to wake up to in the morning.
Today, Google is unveiling its new Nexus smartphones, officially launching Android 6.0 Marshmallow, introducing a new generation of the Chromecast, and possibly a brand new Android tablet called Pixel C. As events in the Android calendar go, this one is huge. Even better, Google is hosting an actual launch event this year, instead of the “press releases and blog posts” approach from the past years. And yes, there will be a live stream! Here are the key details.
The Nexus event will begin at 9AM Pacific time in San Francisco. Here are the times you can tune in from around the world:
- 9AM San Francisco
- 10AM Denver
- 11AM Chicago
- 12PM New York
- 5PM London
- 6PM Berlin
- 9:30PM New Delhi
- 1AM (September 30) Tokyo
- 2AM (September 30) Sydney
Where to watch?
Google will host a live stream of the Nexus event on its YouTube channel. We will embed the live stream video in this post and update it as soon as it becomes available! The live stream is up now:
Where to follow?
Android Authority’s Joe Hindy will be live blogging the event, keeping you posted with all the key details even if you can’t watch the live stream video. Check back to this post at the time of the event for the embedded live blog! The live blog is live:
The live chat has now been closed! Thanks for joining us, we hope to see you next time!
Our Josh Vergara is on the ground in San Francisco, and he will bring you great hands-on coverage of the new devices soon after the event.
What to expect?
- The biggest stars of the show will be the Nexus 5X and the Nexus 6P. We already know almost everything about these two devices, but Google has a knack for surprising us, so who knows? For a close look at what we know ahead of launch, check out our Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P tag pages.
- Google will likely introduce the second generation of the Chromecast, featuring better hardware, additional software features, and an all-new design.
- There’s been some talk about a new Android tablet called Pixel C, and we’re very curious to learn more about it.
- Google will probably announce a rollout date for Android 6.0 Marshmallow, as well as the list of devices making the cut for the update.
- Project Fi is due for an update, and with the availability of more compatible devices, Google may announce a wider rollout.
- What else? Today’s event is the first since Google’s re-organization with Sundar Pichai at its helm. Will he bring us an update on his vision for the company?
Stay with us and chime in
With six hours to go, what are you excited about for today’s Google event? Let us know and stick around for all the news.