Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Google Keep is now Google Keep Notes, because Google
- The latest version of Google Keep on APKMirror features a name change to Google Keep Notes.
- The app is otherwise mostly the same, so the reasoning behind the name change is unclear.
- The app and browser-based version are still called Google Keep as of publishing this article.
If you head over to APKMirror, you’ll see that the latest version of Google Keep — Google’s note-taking app — has a new name: Google Keep Notes. It is not quite clear why the name of the app is different.https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/keep/keep-5-0-371-03-release/
Sure enough, if you install Google Keep Notes onto an Android phone via APKMirror, the default name for the app reflects this change (see above).
The very brief changelog for Google Keep Notes for Android makes no mention of changing the app’s name, and the changes made do not seem significant enough to warrant a rebranding. See for yourself below:
- Support grid & ruled lines for drawings
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
It is possible that this is all a mistake and Google will issue a new version of the app which will revert back to the simple Keep title. However, this could be a permanent change that Google is quietly pushing through because…of something?
Regardless, for the time being, the newest version of the Keep app for Android has a different name than the other versions of Keep, so that’s pretty interesting.