Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
The Google Home Preview Program is now available
As you can see in the screenshots below, there doesn't appear to be anything new in the Preview Program as of yet.
[gallery order="DESC" link="file" size="medium" ids="793892,793893,793894"]
Original post (8/5): It is not unusual for companies to provide its users several features before the rest of us. One of the ways Google does this is through its Preview Program, which was first introduced for the Chromecast last year. Now, the search giant has expanded the program to include the Google Home.
As previously alluded to, the Preview Program gives folks early access to new features, but Google stresses that the program is not a beta – the updates they receive are the same as those the rest of us receive. Rather, people who sign up for the Preview Program are first in line for these updates and, as such, are encouraged to provide Google with feedback.
If you want to sign up for the Google Home’s Preview Program, here are the steps you need to take:
- From your phone or tablet, open the Google Home app
- In the upper right corner of the home screen, tap Devices to see your available Chromecast and Google Home devices
- Scroll to find the device card for the device you’d like to enroll in the Preview Program
- In the top right corner of the device card, tap the device card menu
- Tap Settings > Preview Program. If you don’t see Preview Program, we aren’t accepting new members at this time. Please continue to check back as opportunities become available.
- Choose whether to receive email notifications by moving the slider to the right or left. Note: We recommend allowing email notifications so you’ll know when new updates are pushed to your device.
- If you opt-in to email notifications, you’ll be asked to sign into your Google account if you haven’t already.
- Review the contents of that page, and tap Join Program.
- Review the contents of the page, then tap OK, GOT IT.
When we checked out the Google Home, we thought it showed plenty of promise that might be fulfilled with future software updates. This Preview Program is a chance for folks to possibly see that potential realized ahead of other folks while being able to help Google fix some kinks along the way.