Google has just released a new app, Google Handwriting Input, to the Play Store. As the name implies, you can use it to handwrite both print and cursive text on your Android phone or tablet without the need to have a stylus. It currently supports 82 different languages and even allows you to draw out emojis if you’d like.
This new application won’t be for everyone, but it is a unique way to quickly input small messages to send to your friends and family. In terms of design, it features a familiar color scheme that can be found in the official Google Keyboard app. Here are the key features this app has to offer:
- A useful complement to touchscreen typing or voice input
- A fun way to enter emojis by drawing
- Useful for languages that can be challenging to type on a standard keyboard
- Works across your Android phones and tablets running Android 4.0.3 and up
- If you claim your handwriting is terrible, try it out and see if it can convince you otherwise
If you’re interested in checking it out, you can download Google Handwriting Input for free from the Google Play Store.