Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Gionee launches its first VR-ready smartphone, the S6 Pro, in India
Looking to strengthen its S Series portfolio, Gionee has announced the launch of the Gionee S6 Pro in India, entering the Virtual Reality space with its first ever phone for VR enthusiasts. The S6 Pro was first unveiled in China in June this year.
The S6 Pro boasts of a metallic unibody design with a 3D camber line back and sports a 5.5-inch Full HD display. It comes pre-loaded with Gionee’s VR app for an immersive VR viewing experience and sports a Split Screen feature allowing users to continue watching a video while they receive notifications from messaging apps. Gionee also offers several games in the G-Store for virtual reality experience and entertainment. There’s also inbuilt apps like Video Editor with themed and professional edits, Desktop Editor, Image+ to record your life, Video beautification, Time lapse, Text Recognition, et al.
The S6 family has focussed on selfies with its ‘selfie flash’ for the front camera, and the S6 Pro too packs in an 8MP, f2.2 front camera with screen flash.
Gionee S6 Pro Specifications
- Operating System: Android Marshmallow 6.0 with Amigo 3.2
- Display: 13.97cm (5.5) Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS | 2.5D curved edge display | Gorilla Glass protection
- Processor: Octa Core 1.8GHz MediaTek MT6755 Helio P10
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB; expandable up to 128GB with microSD card
- Rear Camera: 13MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP with Screen flash
- Battery: 3130mAh
- Dimensions: 153 x 75.3 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 170 g
The Gionee S6 Pro goes on sale across stores in India tomorrow at a price of ₹23,999 ($360) in two color variants – Gold and Rose Gold. The VR set will be separately available for ₹2,499 ($38). As an introductory offer, Saavn will provide a free three months’ subscription of ‘Saavn Pro’ to S6 Pro users.