Full Windows 10 Desktop on a Raspberry Pi 4: Thanks to the efforts of projects like “rpi4-uefi” and others, it is now possible to install Windows 10 on the Raspberry Pi. Here is my guide! (YouTube)
Rust: What is ownership and borrowing? One of the biggest hurdles for those learning Rust is the whole concept of ownership and borrowing. It can be a little tricky to understand, but once you do you will understand why Rust is called a memory-safe language. (YouTube)
The death of Moore’s law: Fact or fiction? Moore’s law is oft quoted as being dead. But this really is the story of the rise and fall and the rise again of Moore’s law. (YouTube)
Arm vs x86: Key differences explained: With Apple moving away from Intel and making its own CPUs based on the Arm architecture, it is important to understand the differences in the history, architecture, and design philosophies between these two giants. (YouTube)
Windows on Arm only needs one thing to become great: Linux, macOS, and Windows all run on Arm-based processors. However, Windows on Arm is currently the weakest solution of the three. But there is one thing that could make Windows on Arm great. (YouTube)
Speed Test G battles
Asus ROG Phone 3 vs iPhone SE (2020): The Snapdragon 865 Plus is here and you can get it in the Asus ROG Phone 3. There is potential for breakneck performance, but is that potential realized? Let’s see how it performs against the iPhone SE (2020).
Poco F2 Pro vs OnePlus 8: OnePlus used to be known for making “flagship killers” at competitive prices. Those days have long gone and there are now new contenders, like Poco. In terms of performance, which is faster: the Poco F2 Pro or the OnePlus 8? Let’s find out.
Sony Xperia 1 II vs OnePlus 8: Sony is huge in consumer electronics. From televisions to game consoles, from headphones to cameras, Sony makes them all. It also makes smartphones. Fast smartphones? Let’s find out in this test between the Sony Xperia 1 II and the OnePlus 8.
ZTE Axon 11 (SD765G) vs Poco X2 (SD730G): Qualcomm has been busy completing its 700-series lineup. The Axon 11 uses the Snapdragon 765G, whereas the Poco X2 uses the SD730G. Is the 765G truly faster than the 730G.
Xiaomi Mi 10 vs OnePlus 8: If you had to pick between the Xiaomi Mi 10 and the OnePlus 8, which one would you choose in terms of performance? Both sport the Snapdragon 865 and have the same screen resolution. Is it close?
Nerds only need apply
- The OnePlus Nord is here, but should you wait for the Pixel 4a?
- 1:60 scale model of Boeing 777, made from Manila folders: It all started with an architecture class about how to use manila file folders to roughly model buildings.
- A blog that runs on solar power: Solar panel connected to a solar charge controller that charges an old worn-out car battery and provides power to a Raspberry Pi 3b Plus.
- QB64: A modern extended BASIC+OpenGL language that retains QB4.5/QBasic compatibility and compiles native binaries for Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Android 11 has a dessert codename after all: Red Velvet Cake. While Google dropped the official sweet treat names back at Android 9, a Google engineer had fun revealing the internal name on a podcast.
- Learn how to build an arcade shooter: Full tutorial with a focus on build theorycrafting. Made using Lua and LÖVE.
- Data structures & algorithms I actually use: A set of real-world examples where data structures like trees, graphs, and various algorithms are used in production.
- The Book of Minecraft Modding: Learn how to develop your very own Minecraft mod. Time to bring your dream to reality.
- This would be incredibly disheartening: Amazon reportedly invested in startups and gained proprietary information. Then, it would launch competitors, or offer better deals to the startup clients, often crushing the startups.
- Alexa will soon be able to launch Android and iOS apps using voice commands.
The Ultimate Learn to Code Bundle for just $39: This immersive, multi-faceted programming education (80+ hours) could push you to the top of the job market. Includes:
- Ruby on Rails
- iOS & Objective-C