Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Galaxy S6 system dump available online
Tinkerers and collectors, here’s one for you. A system dump of the Galaxy S6 finally made its way online, giving you access to potentially useful material, including .apk files and system sounds.
Made available by ZiDroid.com, the system dump is helpfully partitioned into folders like “media” (notifications, ringtones, UI sounds) or “app” which contains all the .apk files of the apps that come pre-installed on the Galaxy S6. You can also download the entire system folder.
Here are the resources available for download:
- system folder: contains the whole system files and folders.
- app folder: contains *.apk system applications files.
- priv-app folder: contains *.apk system applications files.
- media folder: contains all *.qmg and *.ogg audio (notifications, ringtones, ui) files.
- fonts folder: contains all *.ttf system font files.
- framework folder: contains framework-res.apk all *.jar files.
- permissions folder: contains all *.xml files.
- lib, lib64 folders: contains all *.so files
- prop file.
The dump is made available on Mediafire, and note you will need to enter the ZiDroid.com password in order to open the archives. This is the system dump for Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F, with version number G920FXXU1AOBN – the final shipping software from devices launching on April 10 may differ.
If you decide to test out the .apk files, please make sure to back up and take all caution measures. If you’re looking for the stock Galaxy S6 wallpapers, you can get them from here (via Phone Arena).