At the launch of every flagship, manufacturers often announce a slew of new compatible accessories and Samsung is no different as, at the launch of the Galaxy Note 7, the company unwrapped a couple of accessories that it feels perfectly compliment your new smartphone.
What are the new accessories and are any of them worth buying? Let’s take a look in this quick hands on.
Galaxy Note 7 S View Standing Cover
Yes, Samsung is back with another s view case for yet another smartphone but this one is slightly different. For what seems like the first time in several years, the S View case has got a physical upgrade (rather than software-based one) and it’s actually not surprising that Samsung have taken this route.
Traditionally, the S View cover has always been a wrap-around case with a lid that covers the screen, but with the Galaxy Note 7 S View standing cover, there’s also the addition of a back plate that wraps around the back of the Note 7. As a result, you can now use the cover to ‘stand’ your Galaxy Note 7 up while watching a film (or, anything really). Simple, easy and hopefully a change that sticks around.
Galaxy Note 7 Backpack charging case
For every new generation of iPhone, we see a slew of battery cases – but the choice is somewhat less when it comes to Android flagships. Mophie is one of the biggest manufacturers on the planet and offers battery cases for a lot of Android phones, but if you’ve been waiting for an official battery case, look no further: the Galaxy Note 7 Backpack is exactly this.
The Backpack moniker pretty much explains the design of this case and with a capacity of 3,100mAh, it holds enough capacity to charge your phone to around 70-75% from full. Yes, it has a capacity of 3,100 mAh and the Note 7 battery is 3,500mAh, but as Gary Explains, it’s not quite as simple as that.
Capacity aside, it’s a cleverly designed case that, while adding a bit of bulk to the back of the Note 7, could easily be kept on your Note 7 permanently for a monstrous battery. For those that would prefer a thicker phone for the sake of a much larger battery, this case is the perfect accessory. For everyone else, it’s great for those times when you’re running low and don’t have time to top up your battery.
The other accessories
Of course, Samsung hasn’t only made two accessories for its new device but none of the others are new per se; although a new size (to fit the Galaxy Note 7), they are essentially the same accessories that were available with the Galaxy S7 Edge, and in some cases, with last year’s Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6.
The accessories include:
- LED view cover with distinctive LED icons so you can customise notifications for quick and easy recognition
- Semi-transparent Clear View cover that aims to offer a stylish way to protect your phone
- Leather Cover made of a “premium leather finish” that has been “designed with the utmost attention to detail”
- The Keyboard Cover that aims to offer a pop-on physical keyboard for those that want one
- The Lens Cover which allows you to add interchangeable lenses to the back of the phone to help you “shoot like a pro without lugging around all that heavy gear”.
Samsung is likely already working on other accessories and could introduce them later this year and of course, we can expect a range of third-party accessories to launch in various outlets and online in the next few months.
Recommended Note 7 Accessories
Note 7 Ultra Slim CaliCase (0.35mm thin)
Note 7 Wireless Charging Station
Note 7 USB C Car Charger (4 ports)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 vs Galaxy S7 Edge First Look
- Galaxy Note 7 vs Galaxy Note 5 first look: the difference a year makes
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 iris scanner: here is how it works
- Note-worthy: Taking a closer look at the new Galaxy Note 7 S Pen
If you’re looking for a case, protection or other accessory for your smartphone, are you going to buy Samsung’s new official Note 7 accessories or wait for something else? Let us know your views in the comments!