Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Focus version 1.2 update brings fingerprint security, native video player and much more
If you’re looking for a replacement gallery app for your Android device, you should give Focus a shot. Thanks to its handy tagging system and wonderful user interface, Focus is one of the best photo gallery apps on Android. And today it’s getting even better.
Version 1.2 of the app is rolling out to the Google Play Store, bringing along with it a number of features I’m sure many of you will enjoy.
Perhaps the biggest news here is the addition of App Lock, which will let you keep Focus secured by requiring a passcode or fingerprint every time you open the app. This is the same method used to lock away private pictures in the Focus Vault. Additionally, the developer has added a native video player to the app, as well as a “Set as wallpaper” button to photos, and a feature that will allow you to change the app’s main icon. There are many more improvements here, so check out the official changelog below:
- Added native video player
- Added native “Set as wallpaper”
- Added a feature to change the app’s main icon!
- Added app lock security (use your fingerprint or passcode to open Focus)
- Added picture-picking mode for Android’s document picker (eg attaching a picture from Focus in Messenger)
- Improved scrolling performance
- Improved picture edit functionality
- Lowered starting page loading time
- Re-built the picture viewer experience, fixing a lot of bugs on the way
- Re-structured Premium options & lowered the price to 1.99€
Focus version 1.2 is available now in the Play Store, so head to the link below to grab the update.