Fleksy Keyboard has been constantly talked about in the past few months, and for good reason. From breaking their own quick-typing Guinness World Record to constantly releasing a steady stream of updates, this is a keyboard that you should check out — if you haven’t already. If you’re already a fan of the keyboard, you should consider joining the Fleksy Beta program, because the app maker just announced a pretty sizable update. New in version 4.2, the keyboard gets a taste of Material Design, a few new themes, extension support, and much more.
Arguably the most notable feature of the update is the ability to add extensions. This works as a drag-and-drop system to fully customize your keyboard experience. Extensions include GIF keyboard support, numbers row, invisible keyboard and a number of others. Fleksy is also introducing a total of nine new themes, including a Material section, Chameleon and the popular Gold keyboard. There are a ton of other new features that are worth talking about, but we’ll leave the changelog below for you to check out.
- Huge redesign – Material is here!
- Keyboard Extensions!
- 6 Extensions at launch including:
- GIF Keyboard – Try it on Hangouts ;)
- Numbers Row
- Editor – Pasteboard and Cursor control
- Launcher – Shortcuts to your favorite apps
- Rainbow Pops
- Invisible Keyboard
- 9 new themes
- Material & New Age collection
- Chameleon – Fleksy will change color to match each app!
- Gold – The legendary theme is back
- Themes, Badges and Dictionary will now sync between Google Play, Amazon and Galaxy stores
- 6 new Badges
- Autocorrect will now change what you mean to type less
- Keypress vibration now matches Spacebar vibration
- Badges not triggering
- Tons of other fixes
- Speed Game has been removed – After 2 world records, it was about time :D
Wondering how you can get in on the new update? First, join the Fleksy Beta Google+ Community here. Once you join, visit this page and opt-in as a tester. Download Fleksy from the Play Store (your beta update might take a few minutes to go through), then you’re all set! Don’t want to join the beta? Fleksy moves things along pretty quickly, so we don’t think it will be too long before the stable channel receives the Material update as well.
Have you tried the new Fleksy version 4.2? How are you liking it?