Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
You told us: Here's the flagship phone you're looking forward to the most
The year isn’t over yet, as we’ve still got quite a few smartphone releases on the card before we say goodbye to 2022. More specifically, we’ve got plenty of flagship phone launches to look forward to in the second half of the year.
That got us thinking about the flagship phone you’re looking forward to the most in 2022. We posed this question in a featured poll last week and here’s what you told us.
What flagship phone are you looking forward to next?
Over 2,100 votes were tallied as of writing, giving us a good idea of what the Android Authority audience is looking forward to. And it turns out that 50.65% of polled readers are looking forward to the Pixel 7 series the most. We totally understand this choice given that Pixel phones have traditionally been popular with Android enthusiasts and therefore our readership.
In second place was the OnePlus 10T with 17.28% of the vote. This was a long way behind the Pixel 7 series, but OnePlus is another brand that’s historically had an enthusiast following. We also haven’t seen a vanilla OnePlus 10 in 2022, so people on the hunt for a more affordable OnePlus flagship will be keeping their eyes on this device.
More reading: The best Android phones worth buying in 2022
In third place with 15.85% of the vote was the iPhone 14 series. Apple’s phones draw plenty of eyeballs and commercial success, so we’re not really surprised to see the iPhone 14 series getting some love. However, it does come at the expense of arch-rival Samsung.
That’s right, Samsung’s Galaxy Z Fold 4 (8.62%) and Galaxy Z Flip 4 (4.45%) were in fourth and fifth place respectively. This order is especially interesting given that the Flip device accounted for 70% of shipments in 2021. Finally, the Motorola Razr 3 was in last place with 3.15% of the vote.
- Shizuma: At this point foldable are the only thing that interests me as slab for me have no reason to upgrade to, we’re really hit the cap on phone processor upgrades mattering for like 99% of what a phone does and I don’t care about cameras, so new slabs don’t do anything new I care about, so for my use a Galaxy Note 8 and a Galaxy S22 Ultra are functionally the same, except the Note 8 has a headphone jack and no idiotic hole in the screen so really it’s the better phone.
- Tennisfreak: Z Fold 4 for me. Dont buy Apple products. Google products are always a buggy disappointment. OnePlus hasnt been noteworthy in years, just another metoo now. Motorola doesnt support their phones well enough to justify a purchase.
- TweedlDum9: I voted for the Pixel 7, but in reality I just pre-ordered my 6A last night. Not buying an almost thousand-dollar flagship, sorry. Especially when most of them are too large to fit in my pocket.
- In Fla: ASUS Zenfone 9.
- Konrad Uroda-Darłak: Fold 4 because it’s different. I don’t want to buy another “normal” smartphone – they’re the same.
- Joe Black: Probably the new gen. of vivo X line. It’s pretty much clear that Apple, Google, Motorola, Samsung won’t introduce any meaningful update in terms of photography … so who cares for +10% power to SOC, less ridiculous notch or what ever.