Search results for

All search results
Best daily deals

Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.

Epic Games Store prepares for Android launch with a teaser

The Epic Games Store is coming to both iOS and Android.
By

Published onMarch 20, 2024

Epic Games Store on Android
TL;DR
  • Epic has announced it will launch the Epic Games Store on Android and iOS.
  • It’s unknown when the launch will happen.
  • Epic’s revenue split could undercut the Google Play Store’s revenue split.

Thanks to Epic’s various disputes with Apple, we know full and well that the game publisher intends to launch a store on iOS. But iOS won’t be the only place you’ll find the Epic Games Store. Epic’s marketplace will also bring Fortnite and other games to Android in the near future.

In a post on X (formerly Twitter), the Epic Games Store’s account teased a launch on both iOS and Android. Unfortunately, the post doesn’t elaborate on when the store will arrive on these platforms.

In addition to saying that the store is coming to iOS and Android, the post adds:

Same fair terms, available to all developers, on a true multi-platform store — with amazing games for everyone.

If you’re aware of the revenue split for the Epic Games Store on desktop, developers get to keep up to 88% of revenue, while the remaining 12% goes to Epic. When the post says “Same fair terms,” it’s likely referring to the fact the same deal will exist for the mobile version of the store.

If this is the case, it would be a big deal as Google charges 15% for the first $1 million in revenue earned by the developer each year. After that threshold is reached, the fee goes up to 30%.

Got a tip? Talk to us! Email our staff at news@androidauthority.com. You can stay anonymous or get credit for the info, it's your choice.