Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Dragon Quest VI Realms of Revelation launches today on Android and iOS
Dragon Quest VI is the final chapter in the Zenithian trilogy that started in Dragon Quest IV and continued through Dragon Quest V. With this release, the entire trilogy is now available on mobile devices.
Unlike later version of Dragon Quest, catching monsters isn’t a big part of the story but it is there nevertheless. The famed casino also makes a return along with a few mini-games so players can take a break from the story if needed. The game also includes a quick save function so players can save anytime and return to what they were doing later.
TRAVERSE TWO PARALLEL WORLDS IN
DRAGON QUEST VI Realms of Revelation
Final Chapter in the Zenithian Trilogy Now Available
LOS ANGELES (June 25, 2015) – SQUARE ENIX® today announced that the classic role-playing game (RPG), DRAGON QUESTTM VI Realms of Revelation®, is now available on compatible iOS and Android devices. Players will set out on an epic adventure spanning two parallel worlds, where they must join forces with a diverse group of characters in order to save the world from darkness.
DRAGON QUEST VI Realms of Revelation is the final chapter of the Zenithian trilogy, concluding in an expansive quest of a young Hero who sets out to learn the truth about his world and the mysterious phantom realm that lies beneath. Journeying across a vast and dangerous land, players must confront the Hero’s destiny and recover his long-lost memories in order to unite and save the two worlds.
Key features in DRAGON QUEST VI Realms of Revelation include:
● Loyal Companions – On their travels, players will recruit a following of faithful friends in the riven realms, from wandering warriors to amnesiac teens. Faithful companions can be instructed to fight to bring down even the toughest enemies with ease.
● Master of Abilities – Heroes and their companions can complete vocational training at Alltrades Abbey to learn and master a multitude of spells and special abilities.
● The Slimopolis – Players can recruit, train and battle slimes in the Slimopolis to test their mettle in a series of arena battles with fabulous prizes on offer for any slime tough enough to emerge victorious.
● Slippin’ Slime – For a break between battles, this slime-sliding mini-game challenges players to maneuver around perilous pitfalls and obstinate obstacles.
● The Casino – Players can try their hand at the poker tables and slot machines and exchange tokens for rare and unique prizes.
With its simple and intuitive controls that work perfectly with the vertical layout of mobile devices (facilitating both one and two-handed play), DRAGON QUEST VI Realms of Revelation also allows players save at any time through the Quick Save function allowing players to rejoin the action right where they left off. In addition, the title includes work from the legendary trio of creators – Master Creator Yuji Horii, revolutionary Music Composer Koichi Sugiyama and Art Director Akira Toriyama – setting forth a truly stunning and thrilling tale.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix Group. The Square Enix Group operates a global network of leading development studios and boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property, including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 110 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST, which has sold over 64 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 42 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.