ShowBox is a popular third-party media streaming and downloading app for Android. It’s currently not available to download directly from the Google Play Store. To download and install ShowBox on your Android smartphone, you’ll need to change a few settings on your device.
It’s pretty easy to get your phone ready to download and install ShowBox for Android, so let’s dive in.
Make setting changes on your phone
1. First, tap on the Settings icon on your phone and scroll down to the Apps selection.
2. Tap on the Apps option, and scroll down to the Chrome selection.
3. Tap on Chrome, then scroll down to the Install Unknown Apps selection.
4, Tap that option, and you should see a slider on the right next to the “Allow from this source” label. Tap on the slider, so you can download apps from your Chrome browser.
If you have an older version of Android, you may need to go into “Settings,” scroll down and select “Security,” select “Device management,” and finally select “Install apps from unknown sources” to get your phone ready for ShowBox.
Download and install ShowBox for Android APK
This next section assumes you have found a trustworthy website to download the real ShowBox for Android APK file. As always with these kinds of non-Google Play downloads, exercise extreme caution when downloading these kinds of files via Chrome. Having a virus protector ready on your phone to scan any APK file would not hurt.
1. Search the internet, via Chrome, for ShowBox for Android APK files, and when you find one you think is reliable, tap on the download link on the website’s page to start the process.
2. Even though you have set up Chrome to accept files from unknown sources, the browser will still give you one more message, asking you if you want to download the Showbox APK (If you have done this already, it will ask you if you want to download the file again). Tap “Download” to download the file, and then Chrome will ask if you want to open it.
3. The ShowBox app itself will then ask you if you want to install the app on your phone, along with a list of permissions it will have if you agree. If you decide to make that final move, just tap on the “Install” selection on the bottom of the install page.
4. That’s all there is to it. After it installs, the ShowBox app automatically launches and you can start using it to stream movies, TV shows, and more.
How to download and install ShowBox on Android – Conclusion
That’s all you need to know on how to download and install ShowBox on Android. Do you like using the app? Let us know in the comments!