Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to download music on Spotify
The ability to download music allows Spotify Premium users to listen to their tunes without the need for streaming over a Wi-Fi or data connection. Subscribers can enjoy songs and podcasts whenever and wherever they want. Downloading songs from Spotify is typically a feature that new Premium subscribers learn to use as quickly as possible, and we’ll guide you through the steps to do so in this article.
THE SHORT ANSWER
To download music from Spotify on Android and iOS, go to a playlist, album, or podcast and tap the downward arrow-shaped Download button to download it.
On desktop, add whichever songs you would like to download to a playlist or your Liked Songs. After that, download all of the songs within those groups by pressing the downward-facing arrow button.
Downloading music from Spotify is a handy feature. For example, you likely won’t be in Wi-Fi range if you are going camping. If you don’t have an unlimited data plan, you might not want to waste all of your data streaming music from Spotify.
Spotify’s download feature allows you to download music at various levels of quality directly to your device. After doing this, you can listen in offline mode wherever you want.
How to download music from Spotify (Android & iOS)
- Find the song you wish to download and press the three vertical dots (⋮) button in the top right corner.
- Add it to a playlist by pressing Add to playlist. In this case, we’re adding “Sail” to a brand new playlist called Android Authority Playlist.
- Return to the home page and tap on the Your Library icon.
- Locate the playlist containing the song you added and tap on it.
- Press the downward arrow-shaped Download button to download the playlist.
You can also download entire albums, your Liked Songs, Artist Radio, Song Radio, and podcasts by following similar steps and tapping on the downward arrow-shaped icon.
How to download music from Spotify (desktop)
Similarly, on mobile, to download specific songs, you must add them to a playlist or to your Liked Songs.
- Find whichever song you would like to download.
- Click on the horizontal three dots.
- Select the playlist you wish to add it to.
- Navigate to that playlist and download it by clicking the Download button.
Where can we find Spotify offline songs on mobile?
- Open the Spotify mobile app.
- From the Home screen, scroll down until you see Music Downloads.
- Alternatively tap on Your Library, and select the Downloaded button.
No. Downloading songs to your device and listening in offline mode is a feature reserved for Spotify Premium subscribers.
Spotify does work offline. However, you must have your desired song, playlist, album, or podcast downloaded to your device. After this, turn on offline mode in Settings.
No. You can only download music using the Android or iOS mobile app, or the desktop app.
You can remove all downloaded content on Spotify by going to Settings and privacy. Scroll down to the Storage section and select Remove all downloads.