Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Capital One Releases Android App
Online banking is one of those conveniences of the modern age that seem pretty obvious. I mean, if you can assure your customers that they can do transactions without taking a trip to the bank and lining up for what could probably be a ten to thirty minute wait, then you’d probably jump on it.
Well, a lot of banks still haven’t got the message – but there’s one less bank to worry about. Capital One has just released a mobile banking app for Android.
- They’ll be able to find the closest ATMs and branches
- They’ll be able to check Rewards information
- They can view the recent transactions of their account
- Finally, they can use the app to contact customer service
So yeah, that’s a pretty short list of what the Capital One Mobile Banking app can do. Too short, if you ask me. Still, it brings a measure of convenience for many Capital One customers and they’re probably a bit happier for the convenience.
If you want a chance at using the app, you can drop by the Android market and download it free of charge. Now, if they just work on improving it, Capital One may have a killer app on their hands.
Source: Android Police
Update: Mark Andrews from Capital One was kind enough to give us a more complete feature list. Here are some of the features not listed above:
- Customers will have access to the current current balance, although it may not be up-to-date to the most recent transaction
- Credit card customers will be able to make payments on their card
- Customers with bank accounts will have the ability to pay bills and transfer funds between accounts
Also, a little elaboration on how the branch locator works: it uses either your GPS location on your phone or an entered zipcode – making everything convenient for wherever you when you need funds.
Thanks to Mark for further clarifications and hope Capital One users take advantage of the app.