Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
You told us: Here's who makes the best-looking Android phones
Specs and features, pricing, and support are all contributing factors that make a smartphone good. But there’s one additional factor to consider — aesthetics. We’ve seen some gorgeous smartphones in the recent past packing various finishes, colorways, and chassis, but which company is responsible for the most attractive devices on the market?
We posed this question to our readers in a recent poll. Here’s who you feel makes the best-looking Android phones.
Who makes the best-looking Android phones?
This poll amassed over 10,000 votes since it went live on November 3. Understandably, many readers feel strongly about their preferred choice in this particular poll. In saying that, only three brands broke the 10% mark, with two stretching well away from the rest of the field.
See also: The best Android phones
The company responsible for the best-looking Android phones, according to our readers, is Samsung. The Korean firm garnered 30.6% of the vote. Not too far behind, Google took home 28.3% of our readers’ support. Both firms have launched appealing devices of late, with Samsung’s Note 20 series and Galaxy Z Flip 3 arguably among the most striking. While previous Pixels featured more conservative styling with attractive colorways, the Pixel 6 series may pack the most instantly recognizable designs of 2021.
Despite Samsung and Google garnering the most support, 58.9% of readers believe other brands have more attractive devices in their stables. Sony occupied third place with 10.7% of the vote. Following the Japanese firm were OnePlus (7.2%), Xiaomi (5.9%), and Huawei (5.8%).
Finally, ASUS, OPPO, vivo, Nokia, realme, and HONOR brought up the rear with a combined 9.8% of the vote.
Several readers continued to argue the case for their preferred brand in the comments, while others nominated alternative brands like Essential and HTC. Read more hot takes below.
- Jim: This was a forgone conclusion that Samsung would be the winner here in the US. Most of the other phones aren’t even sold here. You are pretty much only dealing with Samsung and Google here in the US, so that is why they are 1-2. If this poll were in China, Europe, or Indonesia, I would bet you would have entirely different results.
- Nick V: Prior to the Pixel Series, I would have gone with Samsung, but Google came out with a great design for the 6 Series.
- Joe Black: Other — every concept artist with Maya or 3DCAD. Imagine Samsungs, Apples, etc., looking like those concepts people imagined. So, who makes the best-looking Android phones? No, company.
- Androidfan: Mate 40 Pro is beautiful.
- JK: Sony — mainly for display without hole, notch, or extremely rounded corners; I’d rather have those slim bezels than complicated solutions like motorized or under-display cameras.
- Adam Irvine: I miss the HTCdesign days.
- Adam Cain: The Essential PH-1 is hands down my favorite looking Android phone. Mine has been retired and I wish there was something like it for my next phone.
- JR VR: HUAWEI by a mile.
That’s it for this poll. Thanks for voting and commenting. Do you agree with the results? Which company do you feel makes the best-looking Android phones? Be sure to let us know in the comments below.