Android Wear is a platform that aims to make your life more convenient, but sometimes the wearable OS struggles with even the simplest of tasks. If you’re looking to make your Android Wear device much more functional, we’d suggest you try AutoWear for Android Wear. AutoWear is an app that uses the power of Tasker to bring more automation controls to your Wear device.
This app was created by the developer of AutoVoice, an app that allows you to add your own custom voice commands to Google Now. AutoWear and AutoVoice actually work together, allowing you to create a number of different voice commands to be used for just about anything. That’s not all AutoWear can do, though. Here are just a few of the tasks you can perform with the app:
- Voice Commands with AutoVoice integration – You can easily bring up a voice command screen and do voice commands that are sent directly to AutoVoice
- Ok Google integration – Choose from a list of pre-defined voice commands that you can integrate directly with “Ok Google”.
- Create Screens – Create your own interactive screens.
- Create Notifications – Show notifications on your wear device whenever you want, with the info you want. Best of all, most screens can be embedded in notifications!
- Floating Icons – Create icons that stay on top of everything you do so they always stay immediately accessible no matter where you are.
- Control your watch – Change settings, launch apps, check your heart-rate and step count, check your watch’s battery level… The possibilities are endless!
- Control your phone from your watch – You can react to watch events like plugged in to a power source, or screen on and off or even connected and disconnected from your device to automate your phone in any way you can think of
There are a number of awesome things you can do with this app. Just a few of the examples from the promotional video (shown above) include creating your own TV remote, creating your own Android Wear launcher, dismissing/launching apps with the shake of a wrist, and many, many more.
Since AutoWear is a Tasker plugin, you’ll need to have Tasker installed to use any of the app’s features. If you’re interested in trying AutoWear, you can download the 7-day free trial from Google Play by following the link below. After your seven days are up, you can buy the premium version of the app for $1.69.