Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Android Pay now supports 30 more banks in the US
Android Pay support has been extended to 30 additional banks and credit unions. The new establishments can be spotted on the Android Pay website, which launched in 2015, alongside the other 170 or so participating banks on Google’s ever-growing list.
The newly-supported banks and credit unions are as follows:
- American 1 Credit Union
- Ardent Federal Credit Union
- Bank of the James
- Bank SNB
- Branch Banking & Trust (BB&T)
- Eglin Federal Credit Union
- El Dorado Savings Bank
- Farmers State Bank (TX)
- First Federal Bank of the Midwest
- First Federal Community Bank (OH)
- First Guaranty Bank
- FirstBank (OK)
- Guaranty Bank and Trust (TX)
- Land of Lincoln Credit Union
- Leader Bank
- Maine Highlands Federal Credit Union
- MUNA Federal Credit Union
- Nicolet National Bank
- Northern United Federal Credit Union
- Oklahoma Employees Credit Union
- PCM Credit Union
- Providence Bank
- Relyance Bank
- Republic Bank
- Sunrise Banks, N.A (MN)
- Synergy Federal Credit Union
- The First National Bank in Sioux Falls
- Truxton Trust Company
- Union Savings Bank
- Watertown Savings Bank
This news arrives after Google’s Android Pay rollout in Hong Kong just yesterday, where the mobile payment service landed in 5,000 stores. Meanwhile, Samsung’s competing service, Samsung Pay, has been gathering steam, adding USAA to its list of supported banks last week.
If you want to know what Android Pay is and how it works, find out in our guide at the link, and for the full list of those supporting Android Pay, head to Google’s Android Pay page.
The only question now is: how do I sign up with the Bank of the James?