Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Android Authority this week
New devices, amazing technologies, lots of gadgets, some more useful than others. It was the week of CES, and, as always, it was a wild ride. The star of the show was LG’s curved G Flex 2, but a slew of other devices made their debut in Las Vegas. HTCbrought the selfie-focused Desire 826, Lenovo launched several smartphones, ZTE had a nifty Android-powered projector, Sony introduced a new Smartwatch 3 model and a crazy expensive Android Walkman, NVIDIA made a big fuss about its latest mobile chip, and, outside of CES, Samsung announced its newest mid-range smartphones. And that’s the biggest news – dozens of smaller companies announced everything from smart flower pots, to motorized belts, to self-driving vehicles.
Welcome to Android Authority this week.
Here’s Jayce’s video take on the events of the week.
Inside AA HQ
One of the reasons we love big shows like CES, MWC, and IFA is because they are some of the few times when AA members can get together. We talk online all the time, but there’s really nothing like meeting IRL for building the team and getting the creative juices flowing. Darcy, Derek, Andrew, Josh, Kev, and Lanh had a blast in Vegas, but they also worked hard to bring you quality coverage. For a big picture view of the week’s events, check out our roundups below, our CES 2015 tag page, and our YouTube channel.
Android Authority is podcasting again! This week’s Friday Debate included the first episode of AA’s new Friday Debate podcast, starring Josh, Kev, Lanh, and Andrew. The guys talked about a bit about themselves, and riffed on all the cool – and not so cool – stuff they saw at CES. We’re going for an audio-only format for now, but we could go video if we figure out how to bring you a great experience. Expect team AA members as regulars, talking about all things Android and more. Guests from throughout the industry will be joining us from time to time.
As always, on our Sunday Giveaway, we put up for grabs a cool device. Today, it’s a OnePlus One. Good luck!
The stuff you shouldn’t miss
Here are some interesting posts for your Sunday reading:
- Friday Debate: What was the best and worst of CES 2015? (Post and Podcast)
- Opinion: Fresh back from CES, Andrew looks at HTC’s road ahead for 2015
- Tech talk: Rob weighs down on the rumors about Snapdragon 810 overheating issues
- Roundup: CES takeaway: Android Auto
- Roundup: CES takeaway: wearables
- Roundup: CES takeaway: smartphones and tablets
- Opinion: Competition is not always good for customers, argues Simon
Top news of the week
And here are the top news in the Android world this week:
- ZTE Grand X Max+ hands-on and first impressions
- ZTE SPro 2 first look and hands on
- ZTE Star 2 hands-on and first impressions
G Flex 2
- Sony SmartWatch 3 gets a new stainless steel version, interchangeable bands too/
- Sony’s new 128GB Hi-Res Walkman offers excellent audio, for a price
- Sony SmartWatch 3 steel model hands on
- Sony goes all in with Android TV for their 2015 Bravia Smart TVs
- Hands-on with Sony’s 2015 Bravia TVs with Android TV
- Samsung’s new mid-rangers Galaxy E5 and Galaxy E7 debut today in India
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Max launches in South Korea, Galaxy A7 to debut in Malaysia
We always want to hear your feedback. Whether it’s criticism or praise, feel free to tell us what you think about Android Authority’s content, design, and community. Comment here or get in touch with us on our social channels: