Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Android Authority is hiring!
Are you passionate about technology? Do you follow all of the latest developments in the fast moving world of mobile technology?
We’re expanding our team and are looking for quality people. We’re currently looking for writers, device reviewers, editors and others with an affinity towards Android. And please know that before you apply, that we seek excellent quality writers. If you’re still interested, then read on!
Things to know
- We strongly prefer writers based in or around San Francisco or New York, but we will consider applications from all over the world
- We strongly prefer native English writers. We demand professional-level quality (no typos, no grammar and wording mistakes)
- We prefer candidates with experience in writing online or in a similar position
- 18 years or older
- We are flexible about compensation and availability
Our featured writers go in-depth on the latest Android developments, and report on them comprehensively.
You will be responsible for coming up with unique featured pieces that talk about the overall picture, on a monthly/weekly basis. In order to qualify for this position, you must have substantial knowledge about mobile technology, including but not limited to:
- Display technologies (IPS, LCD, AMOLED, etc)
- SoC’s (Tegra, TI, Exynos, ARM, Qualcomm, HiSilicon etc)
- Various hardware manufacturers, the devices they produce, etc
- Major carriers around the world, but with a focus on the USA and Europe
- Android Applications, development, and monetization
- Rooting, hacking, and modding Android devices
- New areas of Android expansion (automobiles, wearables, etc)
- Anything related to Android & mobile technology in general
Our compensation for our feature writers is commensurate with your experience, social following, and expertise. Contact us today with samples of your work and reasons why you’d be a good fit at Android Authority.
Daily News Writers
Daily news writers live and breathe breaking news, and scour the Internet at all hours of the day to bring our loyal audience fascinating exclusives, the latest news, and other interesting developments that have an impact on the wide world of Android. As this position requires you to be very up to date, prior blogging experience is a must.
Device Reviewers (Video and writing)
Hardware and accessory companies reach out to us all the time. If you have experience with digital photography and video, and are keen to spend quality time with the latest Android smartphones, tablets, and related accessories, then contact us today. You must possess the following qualification/skills/traits:
- Must be able to create high quality videos and imagery
- Have a professional and authoritative voice and manner
- Must have substantial experience with Android smartphones & tablets
- Must be up to date on all the latest Android news and rumors
- Must know all of the specifications on today’s latest Android devices
- Experience with Android rooting and modding is necessary
- You absolutely have to have great writing skills, and yes, we will ask for samples
- If you have established relationships with people and PR in the business of mobile technology, that’s a huge plus
- Have worked with video editing software and Photoshop before
- Own or have regular access to a Digital SLR camera and a HD video camera
This is a true opportunity to get involved, doing what you love. We aspire to provide our audience with the best quality content, as we have a responsibility to report on issues that matter to the millions of Android device users around the world.
It goes without saying that you must possess a great deal of knowledge about Android. If you are a great writer, love mobile technology, and are a bright, talented person, then become a part of our team. If you want to get insider access to the world of Android, interact with a massive audience, and get paid to be in the know and write about what you love, then contact us today!
How to apply
Visit our Contribute page and follow the instructions. Thanks!