Welcome to the 294th edition of Android Apps Weekly! Here are the big headlines from the last week:
- We received more details on the upcoming Call of Duty mobile game this week. The big news is a battle royale mode similar to Fortnite or PUBG Mobile. It’ll feature 100 players with single, double, and four-person playlists currently in testing. It should also have zombies, vehicles, and periodic drop crates.
- Noodlecake Studios next game is available for pre-registration right now. The game should be a fun and accessible runner-style game. You play as a fruit and you bounce down the side of a mountain. The game features swipe controls, colorful graphics, and hundreds of challenges. It should launch sooner rather than later.
- League of Legends is apparently on its way to mobile and no, it’s not Arena of Valor. Riot Games and Tencent have worked on the game for over a year. However, it probably isn’t coming in 2019 due to delays and potential tensions between Riot Games and Tencent about how to monetize the game.
- Microsoft announced Minecraft Earth this week. It’s an AR Minecraft game in the same vein as games like Pokemon Go, Jurassic World Alive, and others. It has a ton of social features and plenty of Minecraft’s classic open-world charm. There are also mobs, collaborative structure building, and more. The closed beta should launch this summer.
- Mario Kart Tour’s closed beta is out now. Early reports are that of disappointment. However, we got to try the game ourselves and it’s not half bad. It’s definitely a step up from most arcade racers, even in its beta state. However, it’s not quite the in-depth Mario Kart game you know from the Nintendo Switch. The beta runs for a couple of weeks.
If we missed any big Android apps or games news or releases, tell us about them in the comments!