Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Android 12 beta 2.1 lands with some minor (but appreciated) fixes
- A new update to the second Android 12 beta is here as Beta 2.1.
- The update focuses on fixing some of the stability issues we saw with the second beta.
- The biggest fix is the lock screen bug that prevented you from swiping.
At the beginning of June, we finally got a look at some of the biggest features within the next upgrade for the Android operating system. That includes the new context-aware theming system and the super-cool Privacy Dashboard.
Related: Hands-on with Privacy Dashboard
If you are already on the most recent Android 12 beta, you’ll soon see an OTA notification for the update. If you decide now that you want to give the beta a shot, your install will be this newest 2.1 version.
The most notable fix with this 2.1 update is for the lock screen. Previously, many users faced issues with performing simple swiping tasks on the lock screen. This would include dropping the notification shade, swiping away notifications, and even swiping up to unlock the device.
Check out the other fixes below.
Android 12 beta 2.1 fixes
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from accessing things on the lock screen. For example, swiping down for the notification shade, swiping away notifications, or swiping up to unlock the phone. (Issue #190702454)
- Fixed issues that caused information such as weather and calendar events to not appear in the At a Glance widget on the home screen or lock screen. (Issue #190700432, Issue #190644743)
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused flickering or jittery animations when accessing recent apps with gesture navigation.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused microphone and camera permission indicators to get stuck and disappear until the phone was rebooted.
- Fixed an issue when using the Android Emulator with an Android Virtual Device (AVD) running Android 12 that prevented the AVD from connecting to the internet.
- Fixed an issue where after taking Beta and resetting the device, some users are were stuck on setup wizard (Issue #190082536).
Looking to try out Android 12 on your compatible phone? Visit our guide here.