Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Global Redmi K20 and Xiaomi Mi 9T devices start receiving stable Android 10
The Redmi K20 Pro and Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro have both had MIUI 11 for a while now, but the vanilla variants are about to join the fun (via GSM Arena). The 2.2GB update should appear on your device as an OTA notification soon.
These two devices are essentially the same, but the Redmi device is more focused on developing markets such as India and China while the Mi 9T is marketed in places such as Europe. The China-exclusive version of the Redmi K20 saw its MIUI 11 update last week, but now the update is rolling out to global variants.
Here is the changelog for the Android 10 update:
- Stable MIUI based on Android 10
- Updated Android Security Patch to December 2019
- Increased system stability
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification Shade
- Fix: Couldn’t open notification setting in the notification shade in Second space
- Optimization: Localized payment Security icon for India.
Regardless of which device you own, you likely are pretty happy with your decision to buy it. With a pop-up selfie cam, a bevy of stunning color choices, great rear camera systems, and decent specs, the Mi 9T and K20 are two of the best mid-rangers of 2019. With an Android 10 update, they just got even better.
It may be a while before you see the update, but be patient. It’s on the way!