Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
All-new PlayStation Plus: Every game you can play on Sony's new subscriptions
Sony is set to launch its all-new PlayStation Plus subscription services on June 13, essentially combining the benefits of PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now into one package with a few extra features. The new service is divided into three tiers, each with a growing game library and perks.
The recently revealed PlayStation Plus game lineup includes Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Demon’s Souls, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut, NBA 2K22, and more. Combined with an additional monthly rotation of titles and a catalog of classic games from consoles past, the all-new PlayStation Plus is shaping up to be a worthy rival to Microsoft’s Game Pass service.
What is the all-new PlayStation Plus, and how do I sign up?
Set to launch on June 13, Sony is merging PlayStation Plus with PlayStation Now into a new service with over 700 games and three flexible tiers. Here’s a breakdown of what each PlayStation Plus tier includes, what they will cost, and what will happen to your current PlayStation subscriptions when the new PlayStation Plus launches.
PlayStation Plus Essential
The first tier will basically be PlayStation Plus in its current form, at the same price, and will provide the same benefits that members are getting today, such as:
- Two PS4 games and one PS5 game to download every month
- Exclusive discounts on the PS Store
- Cloud storage for saved games
- Online multiplayer access for purchased games
The price for PlayStation Plus Essential remains the same as the current price for PlayStation Plus.
- United States — $9.99 monthly / $24.99 quarterly / $59.99 yearly
- Europe — €8.99 monthly / €24.99 quarterly / €59.99 yearly
- United Kingdom — £6.99 monthly / £19.99 quarterly / £49.99 yearly
- Japan — ¥850 monthly / ¥2,150 quarterly / ¥5,143 yearly
PlayStation Plus Extra
The second PlayStation Plus tier provides all the benefits from the Essential tier and access to over 400 PS4 and PS5 downloadable games, including Death Stranding, God of War, Marvel’s Spider-Man, and Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Mortal Kombat 11, Returnal, and more. For a complete list, see the next section.
- United States — $14.99 monthly / $39.99 quarterly / $99.99 yearly
- Europe — €13.99 monthly / €39.99 quarterly / €99.99 yearly
- United Kingdom — £10.99 monthly / £31.99 quarterly / £83.99 yearly
- Japan — ¥1,300 monthly / ¥3,600 quarterly / ¥8,600 yearly
PlayStation Plus Premium
The third tier provides all the benefits from the Essential and Extra tiers, plus a host of exclusive features, such as:
- 340 additional past-generation titles, including:
- Cloud streaming access (via PS4, PS5, and PC) to original PlayStation, PS2, PSP, and PS4 games. Available in select regions where PlayStation Now is currently available. For markets without cloud streaming, PlayStation Plus Deluxe will be offered at a lower price compared to Premium and includes titles from original PlayStation, PS2, and PSP generations to download and play.
- Time-limited game trials, so players can try select games before they buy.
- United States — $17.99 monthly / $49.99 quarterly / $119.99 yearly
- Europe — €16.99 monthly / €49.99 quarterly / €119.99 yearly
- United Kingdom — £13.49 monthly / £39.99 quarterly / £99.99 yearly
- Japan — ¥1,550 monthly / ¥4,300 quarterly / ¥10,250 yearly
When can I sign up?
Release dates for when you can register for any of the tiers are as follows:
- Asia markets (excluding Japan) — May 23, 2022
- Japan — June 1, 2022
- Americas — June 13, 2022
- Europe — June 22, 2022
Should you want to change your subscription tier at any time, you can upgrade to a plan with more features and benefits. You will be charged a pro-rated fee to level up the remaining time on your existing membership to the desired tier when you upgrade.
What happens to my current PlayStation Plus subscriptions?
If you are already subscribed to PlayStation Plus when the new service launches, your membership will roll into PlayStation Plus Essential. You will retain access to the same PlayStation Plus benefits you enjoy today. Your recurring membership fee and the payment date will remain the same.
If you are subscribed to both PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now, Sony will migrate you to the PlayStation Plus Premium membership plan when the new service launches. You will have a new single payment date based on the longer of your two subscriptions. Sony will notify you of your new payment date and subscription fee via email.
PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium Tier PS4 and PS5 games catalog
Here’s a complete list of all the first and third-party PS5 and PS4 games included with the service at launch for PlayStation Plus Premium and Extra subscribers:
- Alienation | Housemarque, PS4
- Bloodborne | FromSoftware, PS4
- Concrete Genie | Pixelopus, PS4
- Days Gone | Bend Studio, PS4
- Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition | Housemarque, PS4
- Death Stranding and Death Stranding Director’s Cut | Kojima Productions, PS4/PS5
- Demon’s Souls | Bluepoint Games, PS5
- Destruction AllStars | Lucid Games, PS5
- Everybody’s Golf | Japan Studio, PS4
- Ghost Of Tsushima Director’s Cut | Sucker Punch, PS4/ PS5
- God of War | Santa Monica Studio, PS4
- Gravity Rush 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- Gravity Rush Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Horizon Zero Dawn | Guerrilla, PS4
- Infamous First Light | Sucker Punch, PS4
- Infamous Second Son | Sucker Punch, PS4
- Knack | Japan Studio, PS4
- LittleBigPlanet 3 | Sumo Digital, PS4
- LocoRoco Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- LocoRoco 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Marvel’s Spider-Man | Insomniac Games, PS4
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | Insomniac Games, PS4/PS5
- Matterfall |Housemarque, PS4
- MediEvil | Other Ocean, PS4
- Patapon Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Patapon 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Resogun | Housemarque, PS4
- Returnal | Housemarque, PS5
- Shadow of the Colossus | Japan Studio, PS4
- Tearaway Unfolded |Media Molecule, PS4
- The Last Guardian | Japan Studio, PS4
- The Last of Us Remastered | Naughty Dog, PS4
- The Last of Us: Left Behind | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Until Dawn | Supermassive Games, PS4
- Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection |Naughty Dog, PS4
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
- WipEout Omega Collection | Clever Beans & Creative Vault Studios, PS4
- Ashen | Annapurna Interactive, PS4
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla | Ubisoft, PS4/PS5
- Batman: Arkham Knight | WB Games, PS4
- Celeste | Maddy Makes Games, PS4
- Cities: Skylines | Paradox Interactive, PS4
- Control: Ultimate Edition | 505 Games, PS4/PS5
- Dead Cells| Motion Twin, PS4
- Far Cry 3 Remaster | Ubisoft, PS4
- Far Cry 4 | Ubisoft, PS4
- Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition | Square Enix Co. LTD, PS4
- For Honor | Ubisoft, PS4
- Hollow Knight | Team Cherry, PS4
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy | Square Enix Co. LTD., PS4/PS5
- Mortal Kombat 11 | WB Games, PS4/PS5
- Narutoshippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
- NBA 2K22 | 2K Games, PS4/PS5
- Outer Wilds | Annapurna Interactive, PS4
- Red Dead Redemption 2 | Rockstar Games, PS4
- Resident Evil | Capcom Co. Ltd, PS4
- Soulcalibur VI | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole | Ubisoft, PS4
- The Artful Escape | Annapurna Interactive, PS4/PS5
- The Crew 2 | Ubisoft, PS4
- Tom Clancy’s The Division | Ubisoft, PS4
PlayStation Plus Premium Tier classic games catalog
PlayStation Plus Premium or Deluxe members will have a selection of retro and classic games to play. Many titles have been remastered with improved frame rates and higher-quality resolution.
For select original PlayStation and PSP classic games, subscribers will get a new user interface with menus allowing them to save their game at any time or even rewind the game if they want a do-over.
- Ape Escape | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
- Hot Shots Golf | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
- I.Q. Intelligent Qube | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
- Jumping Flash! | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
- Syphon Filter | Bend Studio, Original PlayStation
- Super Stardust Portable | Housemarque, PSP
- Mr. Driller | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation
- Tekken 2 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation
- Worms World Party | Team 17, Original PlayStation
- Worms Armageddon | Team17, Original PlayStation
Sony says it will continue to add some remastered classics from previous generations, but here’s an early look at the list of remasters so far:
- Ape Escape 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- Arc The Lad: Twilight of the Spirits | Japan Studio, PS4
- Dark Cloud | Japan Studio, PS4
- Dark Cloud 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- FantaVision | SIE, PS4
- Hot Shots Tennis | Japan Studio, PS4
- Jak II | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak 3| Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak X: Combat Racing | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Rogue Galaxy | Japan Studio, PS4
- Siren | Japan Studio, PS4
- Wild Arms 3 | SIE, PS4
- Bioshock Remastered | 2K Games, PS4
- Borderlands The Handsome Collection | 2K Games, PS4
- Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition | Gearbox Publishing, PS4
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning | THQ Nordic, PS4
- LEGO Harry Potter Collection | WB Games, PS4
PlayStation Plus Premium Tier original PS3 Games (via streaming):
Here is an early look at the selection of original, non-remastered versions of PS3 games available to PlayStation Plus Premium members where cloud streaming is available.
- Crash Commando | Creative Vault Studios, PS3
- Demon’s Souls | From Software, PS3
- Echochrome | Japan Studio, PS3
- Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds | Japan Studio, PS3
- Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational | Japan Studio, PS3
- Ico | Japan Studio, PS3
- Infamous | Sucker Punch, PS3
- Infamous 2 | Sucker Punch, PS3
- Infamous: Festival of Blood | Sucker Punch, PS3
- LocoRoco Cocoreccho! | Japan Studio, PS3
- MotorStorm Apocalypse | Evolution Studios, PS3
- MotorStorm RC | Evolution Studios, PS3
- Puppeteer | Japan Studio, PS3
- Rain | Japan Studio, PS3
- Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Booty | Insomniac Games, PS3
- Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time |Insomniac Games, PS3
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus | Insomniac Games, PS3
- Resistance 3 | Insomniac Games, PS3
- Super Stardust HD | Housemarque, PS3
- Tokyo Jungle | Japan Studio, PS3
- When Vikings Attack | Clever Beans, PS3
- Asura’s Wrath | Capcom Co. Ltd., PS3
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 | Konami, PS3
- Devil May Cry HD Collection | Capcom Co. Ltd., PS3
- Enslaved: Odyssey to the West | Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc., PS3
- F.E.A.R. | WB Games, PS3
- Lost Planet 2 | Capcom Co. Ltd., PS3
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 | Koei Tecmo, PS3
- Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare |Rockstar Games, PS3
Time-limited game trials
Available through the Premium tier, players can download and sample a game before buying it. While most games will be available for two hours, titles such as Horizon: Forbidden West are available for three, suggesting that PlayStation Studio Games could be available for longer than third-party titles.
Additionally, any trophies and game save data from the trial period will carry forward if you purchase the game. Here are some of the first titles that will be part of the time-limited game trials.
- Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection | Naughty Dog, PS5
- Horizon Forbidden West | Guerrilla, PS4/PS5
- Cyberpunk 2077 | CD Projekt, PS5
- Farming Simulator 22 | Giants Software GmBH, PS4/PS5
- Tiny Tina’s Wonderland | 2K Games, PS4/PS5
- WWE 2K22 | 2K Games, PS4/PS5
New games will be added regularly to the PlayStation Plus games catalog and continue to refresh and evolve, so there is always something new to play.
What will happen to my PlayStation Plus membership when the service changes?
If your membership does not expire before the service changes, Sony will migrate you to the PlayStation Plus Essential plan that retains all of the features and benefits you have paid for with PlayStation Plus. Your recurring membership fee and the payment date will remain the same.
What happens if I am subscribed to both PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now?
Suppose you are subscribed to both services when the new PlayStation Plus launches. In that case, Sony will migrate you to the PlayStation Plus Premium membership plan, and you will have a new single payment date based on whichever of your two subscriptions is last to expire. Sony will notify you via email of your new payment date and subscription fee.
I have a lot of pre-paid (stacked) time left on my membership. Will I get to keep that after the new service launches?
Yes, you will get to keep all of your pre-paid time within the new service.