Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
3Doodler PRO is the most advanced 3D pen on the market
So 3D printing is slated to be the way of the future. The fields of architecture, manufacturing, and even medicine are all looking to this technology to provide solutions for a variety of problems that we’re continuing to face. However, 3Doodler sets its sights on a different kind of 3D printer: the idle artist.
Yes, 3Doodler kind of took the world by storm when it was originally launched in 2013. The pen that let you draw in three dimensions moved over 750,000 units, and made a foray into a previously nonexistent market. Now that same company is doubling down on their original efforts with the release of the 3Doodler PRO.
With the 3Doodler PRO, you’ll get everything you could expect from the original version of the device, but you’ll also get some new features that improve on the pen’s original design by giving artists more control over their 3D drawn creations.
As 3Doodler notes in their announcement press release, the new model comes with:
- Carbon fiber shell
- Temperature and speed adjustment: Adjust temperature from 100°C to 250°C, speed settings between 10% and 100%; all via tactile adjustable dials
- LCD display showing the desired temperature and indicators for each level
- Side switch to adjust the cooling fan: Off, Low or High
- A radically redesigned drive system for use with professional materials and filaments
- New larger drive to keep the PRO going for longer with more intensive use
- Plastics range: wood, copper, bronze, nylon, and polycarbonate
- Priced from US$249
What do you think of this 3D drawing tool? A gimmicky toy, or a device worth it’s price tag? Let us know if you’ll be picking it up in the comments below!