The Google Play Awards event takes place every year, recognizing developers in a variety of fields. Now, on the eve of the Google I/O developer conference, the Mountain View company has revealed 2019’s winners.
The firm dished out honors in nine categories including the ‘most beautiful game’ of the year, and the ‘standout build for billions experience’ award, dedicated to apps or games optimized for emerging markets. ‘Best living room experience’ also joined the two aforementioned categories as new additions for the 2019 awards, while the ‘best AR/VR experience,’ ‘standout startup,’ ‘standout indie,’ and ‘best community building game’ categories have all been dropped.
You can check out all the 2019 Google Play Awards winners in the list below:
- Standout well-being app — Woebot (free)
- Best accessibility experience — Envision AI (subscription)
- Best social impact — Wisdo (free)
- Most beautiful game — Shadowgun Legends (free)
- Best living room experience — Neverthink (free)
- Most inventive — Tick Tock ($2.99)
- Standout build for billions experience — Canva (free)
- Best breakthrough app — Slowly (free)
- Best breakthrough game — Marvel Strike Force (free)
You can also check out all nominees over here in case you’re looking for a few games and apps to try out. Have you spotted any cool apps/games in recent months? Then let us know in the comments!