Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Another 10 Chromebooks get Google Play Store support
It took its time getting there, but the Google Play Store is now rolling out to various Chromebooks on a semi-regular basis. All Chromebooks released going forward will come with the Play Store preinstalled, but Google is still adding its store to previous devices, and it has just updated its list of those receiving it.
Google added ten new devices to the list, seen over at the Chromium projects page (via Android Police), including Chromebooks from Acer, Dell, and Toshiba, as well as a few from lesser-known manufacturers (Viglen, anyone?). The majority of these now reach the beta channel, while a couple, the Dell Chromebook 13 (7310) and Acer Chromebook 11 (C740), are now in the stable channel; check out the list of new additions below.
- Acer Chromebook 11 (C740): Stable channel
- Acer Chromebook 15 (CB5-571 / C910): Beta channel
- CTL J5 Convertible Chromebook: Beta channel
- Dell Chromebook 13 (7310): Stable channel
- eduGear CMT Chromebook: Beta channel
- Haier Chromebook 11 C: Beta channel
- PCMerge Chromebook PCM-116T-432B: Beta channel
- Prowise Chromebook Proline: Beta channel
- Toshiba Chromebook 2 (2015): Beta channel
- Viglen Chromebook 360: Beta channel
Google said that some of these will require that “user profiles perform a one-time file-system migration in order to support Android.” For more details on that, head here.