Microsoft has released its Xbox One SmartGlass companion app for Android, which is available as a free download from the Google Play Store.
The Xbox One console is officially launching later this week, so potential buyers that also own Android devices can already grab the Xbox One SmartGlass app – a similar SmartGlass app is also available for the Xbox 360.
The application will let users control their Xbox One console directly from an Android smartphone or tablet, but also check up on their Xbox One universe on the go. Here are the app’s main features:
In the living room:
- Navigate your Xbox One console using your device’s keyboard and touch
- Control your media and set top box with the SmartGlass remote control
- Browse the web on your TV using your mobile device
- Enhance what you are watching or playing with SmartGlass companions
- Increase performance with faster connections and reliability
In the living room and on the go:
- Search, browse, and pin content to play on your Xbox One console
- Track achievements, get game help, message friends, and watch game DVR clips
The app requires an Xbox membership to sign in, 14MB of storage, and devices with WVGA screen resolution (800 x 480) and Android 4.0 or higher to run.
The application is also available on iOS, Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 devices.