If you are looking to have a not-so-ordinary custom ROM to install on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi GT-P7510, you might want to try ParanoidAndroid, the most recent major version is ParanoidAndroid 2. It is a unique custom ROM because it features a hybrid of phone and tablet UIs.
This custom ROM has unique features, as well. It allows you to modify and change the size of individual widgets and apps. Different parts of the interface can also be changed and on top of that, the ROM also features Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean goodies like the smooth-as-butter interface, the smart keyboard, a faster stock browser, and tons more. Note, however, that ParanoidAndroid 2 ROM is still under development so some bugs may still be present.
This guide shows you how to upgrade the Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via ParanoidAndroid 2 custom ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Wi-Fi variant), model number GT-P7510. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi GT-P7510 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the following:
- See to it that your tablet's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ParanoidAndroid 2 ROM package and the GApps package to your tablet's internal SD card.
- Switch your tablet off and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Power and Volume Up buttons. Once the screen turns on, release the Power button but keep pressing the Volume Up button until a menu shows up. Press the Volume Down button to highlight the Recovery Mode icon and press the Volume Up key to enter Recovery Mode.
- NOTE: You can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in recovery.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. To create a backup, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen. Wait for the process to finish.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card. Select Choose ZIP from SD card and navigate to the pa_p4wifi-2.00-27-AUG2012-2325.zip file. Select the file and confirm the action on the next screen to start installing the ROM on your phone.
- Once installation of the ROM is done, install the GApps package in the same manner as in step 5.
- After installation of the GApps package is finished, select Go back and choose Reboot system now. This will reboot your tablet to the newly installed ParanoidAndroid 2 ROM.
- Once booted, go to Settings > System > Navigation bar and select the option that will enable the navigation bar.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the ParanoidAndroid 2 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi GT-P7510. How do you like the look and performance of the ROM on your tablet? Let us know your thoughts through leaving a comment below.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.