The true essence of any Android device lies not in its superb specs, nor in the Android version running inside its system. Its true essence comes from the freedom that it offers to its users. That's is why a lot of tools allow you to safely customize and play with your Android device. For you to fully customize and optimize your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510, you will first need to install ClockworkMod Recovery on your tablet.
XDA Developers member pershoot shares a guide on how to flash the ClockworMod Recovery 188.8.131.52 on your Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi GT-P7510. This tool can be used to create backups, perform a full wipe, and flash custom ROMs on your Android tablet. You can even flash a leaked Android 4.1 Jelly Bean build by using this tool.
Read on for the steps for flashing ClockworkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206 on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi, model number GT-P7510. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi GT-P7510
- A Windows PC
- Handset USB drivers installed on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB debugging on your tablet.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable Samsung Kies and other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Download the following to your PC:
- Extract the Odin ZIP package into a convenient location on your PC (preferably on the Desktop so you can easily find it).
- Double-click odin3 v1.85.exe from within the extraction folder in order to run Odin on your PC.
- Turn off your tablet.
- Reboot the tablet into Download Mode, as follows:
- Hold down the Volume Down and Power buttons. (Volume Down is the key near the Power button.)
- Release the Power button when the Samsung Galaxy Tab logo appears, but keep the Volume Down button held down.
- Release the Volume Down button once you see the two icons on the tablet’s screen.
- Using the Volume Down button, make sure the icon for Download Mode (Android mascot with the word “Downloading” underneath) is highlighted.
- Press the Volume Up button to go into Download Mode.
- Connect your tablet to your PC via USB cable.
- Odin should be able to detect your tablet and display the message “Added!” on the message box. If Odin fails to detect your tablet, check that your tablet's drivers have been properly installed on your PC.
- Click the PDA button in Odin.
- Select the recovery.tar.md5 that you downloaded earlier.
- Leave everything else in Odin unchanged. Only “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” should be ticked.
- Click the Start button in Odin. This begins the flashing process. The process doesn't take long, usually only about 2 to 5 minutes.
- Your tablet will automatically reboot. Once it shows the Samsung logo, you can safely detach the tablet from your PC.
Congratulations! You've successfully flashed ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11 on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510.