The official CyanogenMod 10 nightly ROMs have arrived. You can now install them on both your CDMA/LTE and GSM variants of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus by following our guide below.
The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is the first phone introduced to run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The same phone was also the first phone to receive the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean updates. These newest updates will let you enjoy the improved performance of Project Butter, a new notification menu, Google Now, offline voice recognition, and a lot more treats. If those aren't enough, you can also flash Android 4.1 Jelly Bean custom ROMs such as the CyanogenMod 10 ROM to enjoy even more custom features and improvements.
In this guide, learn how to flash official CyanogenMod 10 nightly ROM on the Galaxy Nexus.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with GSM or CDMA/LTE variants of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- GSM or CDMA/LTE variant of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For help, check our post about a Galaxy Nexus tool for root, custom recovery, bootloader unlock, etc.
- Download the latest CyanogenMod 10 nightly ROM for your particular phone model:
- Download the Jelly Bean Google Apps (GApps) package (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip, md5sum: f62cfe4a827202899919fd932d5246d7)
- Fully charged battery or at least 70% battery left
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the downloaded CyanogenMod 10 ROM and GApps package ZIP files to your phone's SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons until your phone screen turns on. Select the Recovery Mode option using your phone's Volume buttons and select it using the Power button.
- Perform a NANDroid Backup of your current ROM. In case there is something that does not work in this ROM, you can easily switch back to your working ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore and on the next screen,select Backup. Head back to the main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Select Wipe data/ factory rest, then select Yes on the screen to confirm data wipe.
- Select Wipe cache partition, then select Yes on the screen to confirm data wipe.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card then select Choose ZIP from SD card. Browse for the CM10 nightly ROM file and select it. Confirm the installation process by selecting Yes on the next screen. It may take 5-10 minutes for the ROM to finish installing.
- Repeat step 7, but this time around select the GApps ZIP package to install the necessary Google apps.
- After all the installation process is finished, head back to the main menu by selecting Go back.
- Reboot your phone by selecting Reboot system now.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the latest official nightly build of CyanogenMod 10 on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM or CDMA.