The Chaikin Power Tools stock app provides investment research tools previously available only to Wall Street firms. Developed by stock market expert Marc Chaikin. While not being a Nasdaq guy my self, I found the Chaikin Power Tools app quick and easy to figure out by just playing with it. Well who is this app for? The app is anyone who follows stocks from the guy just getting his toes wet, to the die hard who needs information on the go.
What kind of information can you get when using Chaikin Power Tools?
- Centerpiece of app is unbiased Chaikin Power Gauge Rating which gives you in-depth analysis of a stock’s potential distilled into simple displays: Green is bullish, Red is bearish.
- No more content overload, just the info you need to make smarter buy/sell decisions.
- Watchlist – Enter up to 20 stock symbols to check Chaikin Power Gauge Rating, current Price, and Changes.
- Drill down for more detail: Chaikin Power Gauge components, intra-day and 6-month Charts, and Fundamentals.
- Charts in our stock app feature Chaikin Money Flow and historical Power Gauge Rating.
Chaikin Power Tools interface is straight forward and simple, navigating through the app was also simple enough. Adding additional companies than the ones pre-selected was as easy as adding the stock symbol and hitting add, the same goes for removing them by just hitting the X. Once you have the companies your are interested in following, and very simple to understand charts are pulled up giving you additional information for that company. The gauge telling you information from earnings performance, to price/volume activity. In the charts tab it informs you of a little more detailed information from the 52 week high, some history on the company, to the fundamentals. I found the real time index levels on the main page to be a nice touch, it made it real simple to see how the market was doing overall for the day.
Overall I found the app very functional, and simple to navigate. It is perfect for the busy professional who is looking to get some information on the go, and doesn’t want to pull out their laptop every time they need an update for their stock. The addition of a widget for this app would be a really handy feature, but as it stands now the app is rock solid for what it does. You cant go wrong with giving this app a shot, it may even make you a few bucks!